Lost or Mis-Placed Camera?

truckmaker

I posted this on the river cruise board and everyone seemed to be interested in it. So I thought I'd maybe post it here as well.

We are not anything more than a snap shot type of photographers but, particularly on cruises, we go to good places so the memories are important to us. It just seemed like a good idea when this occurred to us:

"As a follow-on to the points on camera cards above, our first shot on every new card we have is a shot of our contact information, in case we loose it. We invite the finder to keep the camera but to mail the card back to is. Of course, the next few shots are of the luggage we are taking on the trip. This has proved useful on more than one occasion."

Enjoy your trip(s) and we hope this is found to be helpful.

I also photograph my contact information in the first shot on my memory cards, but I never thought about saying they can keep the camera if they mail the card to me. It's not a bad idea, since it wouldn't be likely that I would get the camera back anyway. At least I might at least get my images back that way.

Edited by Multi-Cruiser

I use one of my business cards, write on the ship name

Then they have my phone number, email address and ship name as well as my business address but not my home address.

I also slip one in the camera. Cases.

your card make a file name reward ...

On battery same thing your info, on back of bat door inside same thing

on your lanyard same as well .

taking a snap you can do that as well info but lock the file.

Keep the cam send the files yes that be something very generous for sure postage cost pennies, and no return address.

priceless

A cruiser on one of my Roll Calls a few years ago recommended the ID labels made by Maverick Labels, and I tried them. They come in several sizes in each order, and are really excellent not just for camera gear but for all portable electronics (e.g., Kindle, iPad). I ordered mine with my name, cell phone number, and email address. I think they are great.

http://www.mavericklabel.com/products/id-my-stuff.html

Its really never occured to me to do this purely because in 40 years of travelling with cameras of all types - I have never lost one.

Friends seem to be forever losing their phones too - I have owned mobile phones since the early 90s and again never lost one.

Maybe I just look after my "stuff" better than most people !!

:confused: