Is there a secret

Jane2357

to booking excursions. The website rarely works - shows only partial descriptions - doesn't show all the offerings. Is there another place or way to see all the shore excursions for each port of a tour. We usually book private excursions but would at least like to see the ships offerings. This is for Alaska 2016. I like to print out every option and then select the ones we think would be our 1st choice. We also have a post cruise tour that I've almost zero info on and they also offer optional excursions that I can't see. I'm so frustrated :(

There is a brochure you can usually download for all excursions on a given itinerary. I would guess that the excursions for 2016 are not yet finalized. I know several operators in alaska and they will not give final pricing until fall of this year. If you want to use Celebrity then download their 2015 Alaska tours as if you were sailing this year. They changed little over the last few years.

The secret is to use Tom's Port Guides, the roll calls for not only your cruise but others your ship has and will make, and the port discussions. After driving a fishing boat out of Sitka I learned how and what to see in each of the ports. you can do them all on your own for much less and have a better time. For example, Totem Bight Park in Ketchikan is a $1 bus ride after walking 50 yards from the ship. Fifty cents last year for kids and free for seniors. The park accepted donations.

If you are going up to Tracey arm - there was an excursion which took you right up to the glacier on a smaller boat (we were on the solistice) I was really disappointed I didn't get on on it

to booking excursions. The website rarely works - shows only partial descriptions - doesn't show all the offerings. Is there another place or way to see all the shore excursions for each port of a tour. We usually book private excursions but would at least like to see the ships offerings. This is for Alaska 2016. I like to print out every option and then select the ones we think would be our 1st choice. We also have a post cruise tour that I've almost zero info on and they also offer optional excursions that I can't see. I'm so frustrated :(

I wondered the same thing. Found the answer by accident.

1- you don't need to be logged in, looking at your reservation, etc.

2- Click on the Onboard Experience/Shore Excursions tab.

3. Select any destination, any port. Click on any excursion as though to see those details.

4- Notice the big blue "button" Download Shore and Land Excursion Brochure.

5- Click the button, enter Ship, Dates, etc. the PDFs Brouchure is produced and pops on your screen.

6- Save and enjoy.

Stan