Digital camera

gottagoacruzn

Burst mode is when you push stutter button it takes a fixed number of pictures. On my Canon I have it setup , that as long as the shutter button is pushed a picture is taken every 10 seconds. You'll have to check your camera's owners manual. Noy all cameras have this feature, most have to be programmed.

Edited by Kamloops50

What you want for your specific camera is on pages 46 47 of the manual - under "continuous shot". You;ve got a couple different options under that setting.

http://kodakpixpro.com/docs/manuals/fz151-manual-en.pdf

Hey guys, thanks for your input. CT Sean, got to lookin at those pages and you are right. Will look into it. Hey how about that, read the instructions and just learned how to use it.:)

Virginia

Edited by gottagoacruzn

Hey guys, another question, since I have found out how to use the burst mode, will it help to use it when you take pictures of a whale breaching, dolphins, or a glacier caving? Next Sept will be going to Alaska, that is if the good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise!!:eek:

Hey guys, another question, since I have found out how to use the burst mode, will it help to use it when you take pictures of a whale breaching, dolphins, or a glacier caving? Next Sept will be going to Alaska, that is if the good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise!!:eek:

Continuous shooting can help in that it increases the chances of getting a good shot. The challenge is, you may need to start firing before "the shot" actually happens. - especially something like a breach, which only lasts a moment. If you start firing when you notice the whale breach, depending on your autofocus speed and the # of frames per second you can capture in continuous, you may end up with a bunch of pictures of the splash that followed the breach.

I'd do some testing beforehand to understand what the camera is capable of - it's not like it costs anything to take a bunch of pics and delete them.

Depends on your camera. Don't forget you can take video instead of pictures for stuff like whale watching.

Play with settings if you have a chance before taking the real pictures. See what comes out best

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Edited by bowbiter

Hi guys, next Sept will be going to Alaska and want to know which scene on the camera would be best. Right now its on auto, was wonderin if the landscape scene would be better, or how about the beach scene? Any suggestions?

Sorry, can't help with that - I use aperture priority for pretty much everything on my DSLR and "P" on my Canon point n shoot. The manual may explain what the various scene modes are actually doing and give you a good idea what to use. You can also just test a few out and see what works best.

Hi guys, next Sept will be going to Alaska and want to know which scene on the camera would be best. Right now its on auto, was wonderin if the landscape scene would be better, or how about the beach scene? Any suggestions?

If you have a chance before you sail or downtime on the cruise when there are no once-in-a-lifetime photo-ops, play with the scene modes so you can see what they do. Do not, in any case, underestimate the "P" mode. The camera manufacturers have spent years and millions of dollars on R&D to cram 150 years of photographic experience into the tiny brain that resides in a modern camera. "P" mode plus some judicious use of exposure compensation will give you a high probability of capturing a good or even excellent shot of whatever you point it at.

I am personally a big fan of "A" mode on my interchangeable lens cameras but on the P&S, "P" mode is king. I you don't have the time to become an expert on all aspects of your camera, read up on composition and let the camera do the heavy lifting.

Dave