NCL Foward Penthouse Suite

Cruise a holic

Hi,

My DH and I will be sailing in August on the NCL Breakaway- our first NCL cruise. We have reserved a forward suite on deck #9. We are seasoned sailors, but I would like to know if we will have a lot of motion on the way to and from Bermuda. While we never had a problem with rocking, and actually enjoy it at night when in bed, this is our first forward cabin.

Also any "tips" on the Haven would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,:)

I was in a forward suite on deck 9 this summer. Didn't feel any motion, of course we had calm seas.

You are going to love this suite. It has table with 4 chairs in dining area, couch and chair and big screen TV in living room, alone with coffee machine. Bedroom has king size bed and TV. Each room gas CD player. Bathroom is big, separate shower with 6 shower heads.

Only thing is you have to go up to haven courtyard to use pool and lounge chairs, and Haven Restaurant.

Oh yeah, balcony is small in room.

You are going to live it, have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in a forward suite on deck 9 this summer. Didn't feel any motion, of course we had calm seas.

You are going to love this suite. It has table with 4 chairs in dining area, couch and chair and big screen TV in living room, alone with coffee machine. Bedroom has king size bed and TV. Each room gas CD player. Bathroom is big, separate shower with 6 shower heads.

Only thing is you have to go up to haven courtyard to use pool and lounge chairs, and Haven Restaurant.

Oh yeah, balcony is small in room.

You are going to live it, have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the great review! Do you book speciality restaurants prior to the cruise? Do you call? What about shore excursions and shows? On some cruise lines, a butler calls you if you are in a suite.

We wanted the forward facing suite as the Haven Penthouses seem smaller- we aren't afraid of walking as we will be eating so much, we need the exercise!

We do like aft suites, but the difference in price wasn't worth it IMO. Pays for all of our extras!

We were on 16 very front on BA in March and we had generally pretty decent seas except the first night. There was not a ton of motion even that high as the BA is quite large and handled the seas well.

As far as booking specialties or shows, you can book on-line. They don't have butlers that call you but they do have a pre-concierge email and phone you can contact. Experience from folks who have described their results based on requests has been about 50/50.

Edited by dexddd

The butler can take care of all your dinning needs. He also brings you a treat everyday around 4 pm. The concierge will make revelations for you for the shows. The concierge is your best friend on board, anything you need ask him and he will do it for you. I only saw our butler once during the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with Tyson. We loved the forward facing penthouse on the Breakaway. I had heard that sometimes having the bed facing port-starboard would make the ship motion more noticeable. We had no issues. We also had a friend sailing in one on the same deck. He gets seasick and even he loved the cabin. No motion issues for him the whole sailing.

The concierge is your best friend. We have sailed with Ruth and Adrian as our concierges. They were both excellent and took care of any dining, shows, and excursions we wanted.

Happy sailing!

I agree with Tyson. We loved the forward facing penthouse on the Breakaway. I had heard that sometimes having the bed facing port-starboard would make the ship motion more noticeable. We had no issues. We also had a friend sailing in one on the same deck. He gets seasick and even he loved the cabin. No motion issues for him the whole sailing.

The concierge is your best friend. We have sailed with Ruth and Adrian as our concierges. They were both excellent and took care of any dining, shows, and excursions we wanted.

Happy sailing!

Thanks for the info We have taken the celebrity Summit to Bermuda three times and admired the Breakaway. Next year will be our turn to experience this ship

Thanks for the info We have taken the celebrity Summit to Bermuda three times and admired the Breakaway. Next year will be our turn to experience this ship

Breakaway handles rougher seas much better than Summit. Higher GM (greater stability) and better seakeeping characteristics. I sailed in an H7 (forward penthouse) on Breakaway in May 2013, and it was fine. There was some noticeable movement on the last sea day when we encountered 15 ft. seas, but overall Breakaway is a very rigid, restrained lady.

We do like aft suites, but the difference in price wasn't worth it IMO. Pays for all of our extras!

From my limited experience Fwd room 3 times and afts 2 times, They move about the same. The ship is more like a tetter totter, front and back move around the x,y,z (3 dimensions) and the middle of the ship moves least. Had cabins there 10 times or so.

Edited by NH Cruisers

I love the forward suites. Only one I will take. Last year I had the steward make up the bed bow to aft. I lived on a boat my dad always said head faces bow feet to aft. It makes a big differnce in forward suites I lve the motion & you do feel it. We had rocky seas