Cruise Reviews... Please...?

Doc Rick

I've been reading a lot of reviews lately... mostly of the Quantum of the Seas. Unfortunately, most of these reviews have been negative in nature, but that's ok - honest reviews are what people want to read, not just Royal "Fluff!"

I want to hear about the good aspects -what was an exceptional part of your cruise. What was your favorite restaurant? What show did you enjoy? I also want to hear about the negatives also - things that could be improved by RC. I also feel Royal Caribbean should be made aware of both the positives and negatives experienced on your cruise - so they can improve the overall experience for all guests. So please let them know...!

I look forward to reading future reviews (particularly of the Quantum) to see if Royal Caribbean can work out a lot of the "kinks" experienced on it's first round of cruises. If you have a negative experience, please explain why, and what Royal Caribbean could do to better improve the situation. If you did not like Dynamic Dining, explain why - and what changes could be implemented to improve the experience...

- Doc

I thought the entertainment is where RCL shined. Mamma Mia was done as well as I've seen on Broadway, and Starwater, although a bit strange at times, was visually stunning. The two copy bands at Music Hall were great and the venue was outstanding.

Favorite restaurants, Jamie's and Coastal Kitchen. Great ship, beautiful and I think when the kinks are worked out, it will be just fine.

Edited by djh

I've been reading a lot of reviews lately... mostly of the Quantum of the Seas. Unfortunately, most of these reviews have been negative in nature, but that's ok - honest reviews are what people want to read, not just Royal "Fluff!"

I want to hear about the good aspects -what was an exceptional part of your cruise. What was your favorite restaurant? What show did you enjoy? I also want to hear about the negatives also - things that could be improved by RC. I also feel Royal Caribbean should be made aware of both the positives and negatives experienced on your cruise - so they can improve the overall experience for all guests. So please let them know...!

I look forward to reading future reviews (particularly of the Quantum) to see if Royal Caribbean can work out a lot of the "kinks" experienced on it's first round of cruises. If you have a negative experience, please explain why, and what Royal Caribbean could do to better improve the situation. If you did not like Dynamic Dining, explain why - and what changes could be implemented to improve the experience...

- Doc

The ship is WOW! We loved it!

An abriged review

What did not work:

1 - No Royal IQ for Android

2 - Speedy check in

3 - Disabled lifts ( sports deck and North Star)

4 - Bionic Bar

5 - High speed internet

6 - The dodgems - sporadic times and poor performance of carts due to battery life

7 - Anything that operated off an Apple ios

8 - Dodgy lifts across the Bay of Biscay ( people climbing out of them 8 floors up)

9 - Photo shop went pear shaped at the end losing photos, crashing etc

What did work

1 - The restaurants - we went to Choppes, The Grande, American Icon, Jamie Olivers, Silk, Devinly Devine, Sorrentos ....and even the Windjammer had a good selection, cooked fresh and was tasty

2 - The restaurant staff were excellent and very attentive

3 - Selection of ppv films very good - even better when complimentary

4 - The shows - my kids have worn out our Mamma Mia bluray and to be honest i was not thrilled at the prospect of gong through it again but i am glad i did as it was amazing and i highly recommend it.

5 - Live entertainment in the music hall

6 - Bigger cabins, virtual balcony is realy good to the point where i drew the curtains whilst in Southampton to get changed.....dont ask me why?

7 - Stateroom attendants - the crew on our deck were brilliant, from the "acquring" of some duct tape to effect repairs on a bag that had additional ventilation added during loading, to the advice on seasickness remedies for a 9yo who could not take the freebie tablets that were being dispensed at guest services

I know it reads like a moan list but most of the aforementioned teething problems were worked out by mid cruise and a good time was had by all in our party. I might not do a TA cruise again and wont do a maiden voyage again but will definitely keep cruisng with RCCL