From Mayor Kathie.

Mayor Kathie

This is probably not the place or even the time to do this but,to all the wonderful people who have helped Tony and I over the last few months,I have to tell you that Tony has lost his very couragous fight.We were on the 8th July cruise and met some wonderful people.You all helped us so much.He zoomed about on his Mercedes scooter and had a lovley time.

Tony passed away on the 6th October ,suddenly.His last wish was that I bring our daughter on to the QE2 and show her what a wonderful ship she is!Of all the cruises we have done, this could be the hardest

We will see,

Love

Kathie:)

This is probably not the place or even the time to do this but,to all the wonderful people who have helped Tony and I over the last few months,I have to tell you that Tony has lost his very couragous fight.We were on the 8th July cruise and met some wonderful people.You all helped us so much.He zoomed about on his Mercedes scooter and had a lovley time.

Tony passed away on the 6th October ,suddenly.His last wish was that I bring our daughter on to the QE2 and show her what a wonderful ship she is!Of all the cruises we have done, this could be the hardest

We will see,

Love

My thoughts are with you Kathie. You'll have some wonderful memories and the trip with your daughter will be difficult, but so special for many reasons. I've spent 8 months of this year watching my mum fighting a battle which she lost in August. I was hoping to take her aboard later this year, but it wasn't to be, so I understand your loss. It won't go away, but I hope with time the pain will ease.

My very best wishes,

Anita:)

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Kathy, but also happy you and Tony had such a lovely trip and the memories to go with it. When you take your daughter you will have the strength when you need it, I know you will.

xo

I was a mother who used her late husband's frequent flyer miles to take her (then 13 year old) daughter to England to see his family and more of "his country" and many years later I was the daughter who went with her mother on a version of her father's favorite cruise after he had died. You won't regret doing it. You should have wonderful memories that your daughter will be blessed by sharing. It will be bitter sweet, but not nearly as difficult as you think. The QE2 is wonderful ship to get to make memories on. God Bless, Mary

Kathie,

Of course we have already talked.

But I will reiterate.

You've got my email.

If there is anything I can do, please, let me know.

Don't worry about posting here. Nothing inappropriate about it. Many of these people shared your anxiety when Tony was diagnosed and when his health began to fail rapidly. They care and would want to know.

I am so glad you and Tony got to go on that trip. I know how much it meant to y'all, and it is marvelous that staff and passengers alike were very accommodating.

You already know that I have made a donation in Tony's name.

Folks, I had emailed Kathie two days before Tony slipped away. How shocked I was to come back home after being away this week and finding this out.

Kathie, I look forward to some day, cruising with you and your daughter.

When my father died last year, this group was my life-saver. I don't know what I would have done without them.

Please stay in touch with us.

There is love here.

Karie Parker

Peace to you.

P.S. Anita. My sympathies also to you. It's never easy.

{{{Kathie, Anita}}}

Cyber hugs to you both.

PS: Kathie--I know you'll be fine because when I was 32 I lost my husband, had two little boys, 5 and 8. It was not easy, but we are here now, doing fine, and can so I can say try to remember you won't let yourself down. That's good enough for now. Mary/Crowsnester has provided the same solidarity. It won't be easy, but just keep hauling water and chopping wood, and ask for help, if you feel you need it. xo

BTW, I don't know where that red thumbs down finger thing came from, but I didn't ask for it. Stinky weird stuff! But yes, death is that red finger/hand. Hate it.

Kathie,

You have my sincere condolences for your loss. My mother and grandmother traveled to Alaska on the Sagafjord 3 weeks after my grandfather died. He was originally scheduled on the trip but it was a good thing for them to do. My grandmother had the chance to grieve in her own way for her husband with the support of my mother there.

I know it is hard right now but like the others said - hold your head high, take one day (or hour or minute) at the time and don't be afraid to ask for help.

((((HUGS))))

Morrie

Kathy....please accept my deepest sympathy for your loss. Let your happy memories help to sustain you and your daughter as you go through this terrible time. And do take her on QE2...it will be a memory you will both cherish I am sure.

Sincerely, Penny

Kathie,

please accept sincerest condolences from Maureen and me. We only met Tony briefly, but he struck us as a fighter and a great personality. We are deeply sorry that he lost the battle but, sadly it is a battle that, in the end, we must all lose. I only hope we can face it and fight it as bravely as Tony.

Maureen and Jimmy

Dear Kathie, My deepest sympathies. I never met you or Tony, but, from reading your posts, felt we had at least a part in common - the Cunard part.

Do take your daughter on QE2, it will be hard, but give her wonderful memories to bring her closer to Tony. Also, in my times of trouble, I have found looking at the sea, particluarly when it is rough, is strangely comforting. I have no idea why. Love Jane

Dear Kathie,

I wanted to wish you and your Family my deepest sympathies on your loss of your beloved Tony. I hope your friends at Cruise Critic, can be of some comfort at this difficult time. Please take care of yourself, and your Family.

Kathie,

P.S. Anita. My sympathies also to you. It's never easy.

{{{Kathie, Anita}}}

Cyber hugs to you both.

Thanks Kathie, much appreciated. It's a very difficult year. I've found this board welcome relief on many occasions.

Anita

I cannot thank everyone enough who responded to my thread.I know there are others who read but do not write,and I hope they have realised what has happened.On the cruise we met lots of people who just read the messages,so hello.On Monday morning I have the horrible part when we have to say goodbye ,and in the afternoon we are having a celebration of Tonys life,in our local church,think of Caroline and I and please raise a glass if you can!!Thanks again for all the lovley messages ,they mean so much.

Love

I cannot thank everyone enough who responded to my thread.I know there are others who read but do not write,and I hope they have realised what has happened.On the cruise we met lots of people who just read the messages,so hello.On Monday morning I have the horrible part when we have to say goodbye ,and in the afternoon we are having a celebration of Tonys life,in our local church,think of Caroline and I and please raise a glass if you can!!Thanks again for all the lovley messages ,they mean so much.

Love

It's a promise! Monday it is. All good thoughts and love and best wishes to you and Caroline and to the memory of your Tony. xo

Kathie,

since I can't drink Monday (working) but I am at a parrothead meeting tomorrow (And we do a lot of fundraising and volunteer work for various causes, so are a very caring group) I will offer up a toast to Tony, and to you and Caroline, and ALL of your courage! And the hope that medical science finds a cure, or at least a treatment.

We're all with you Monday, at least in spirit.

Karie

Kathie,

From someone fairly new to this lovely board, we send you love and gentle thoughts at this sad time for you and your family.

Do take your daughter on QE2, l am sure that although it may be hard for you it may also give you great comfort too.

God Bless

Jackie & Brian

His last wish was that I bring our daughter on to the QE2 and show her what a wonderful ship she is! Of all the cruises we have done, this could be the hardest.

Kathie,

Profound and sincere condolances.

Please remember that the harshest regrets one has are for what one did not do, not for what one did. Even if at the time of the cruise that may seem trite, I have found it to be the case over difficult times I have had over bereavements.

All the best in the times ahead,

Matthew

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kathy,

We are so sorry to hear about your loss. As you know we met you all on our last cruise and thought you were a wonderful and courageous family.

Please be assured that we are thinking of you at this sad time.

I hope in time that you will be able to grant Tony's wish and you both go on another cruise, and hopefully we may meet again.

Love and best wishes to you both,

Anita,Glenn

&

Matthew x

Archived