Transit time CDG airport

perlgirlnj

Our direct flight to Oslo was cancelled and we're looking at rebooking options. One of them has an 85 minute transfer in de Gaulle airport. Do you think this is do-able?

The return flight is from London, also through CDG, only 65 minutes. The airline says it's possible or they wouldn't sell it. Anyone have thoughts on this one too?

Thanks.

Could you provide more exact details? It sounds as if you might be entering/leaving Schengen at CDG, which might add on immigration controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The flight over is from Cincinnati, OH to CDG (with a 85 minute layover) and then on to Oslo.

The return flight is from London to CDG (with a 65 minute layover) and then on to Cincinnati.

Also, have you checked the flight numbers to see what terminal your flights arrive/depart to/from?

I did a little digging and at least as of now, this is what I found. Our flight from CVG to CDG comes in to 2E. Our flight out (85 minutes later) is out of 2G. Not sure how easy that transit is or what kind of clearance we'd need there. It looks like there's a bus that goes between E & G, but G looks far, far away.

On the return, our flight from Heathrow comes in at 2E and our flight out is also at 2E, so that's not so bad.

If anyone has further thoughts, I'm happy to hear them! Thanks.

The flight over is from Cincinnati, OH to CDG (with a 85 minute layover) and then on to Oslo.

The return flight is from London to CDG (with a 65 minute layover) and then on to Cincinnati.

I did a little digging and at least as of now, this is what I found. Our flight from CVG to CDG comes in to 2E. Our flight out (85 minutes later) is out of 2G. Not sure how easy that transit is or what kind of clearance we'd need there. It looks like there's a bus that goes between E & G, but G looks far, far away.

On the return, our flight from Heathrow comes in at 2E and our flight out is also at 2E, so that's not so bad.

If anyone has further thoughts, I'm happy to hear them! Thanks.

If you have to go from 2E to 2G there is a bus. I have taken that bus, but not to 2G. The bus is slow and will eat up at least half an hour, if you are lucky. They you have security to deal with. I think 85 minutes is not enough. You may make the transfer within the same terminal, but these terminals are large and walking to the other gate (unless you are lucky and it is close) will take some time. Still, you may be able to make that connection, even though tight. The problem is that if you second flight is the one back to the USA, you don't want to miss that, since the next flight may be the next day, while missing the flight within Europe there will usually be more flights that day to your destination.

Another choice would be a two stop flight:

Cincinnati to Detroit (75 min there) to AMS (60 min there) to Oslo.

Gets in to Oslo much earlier but other than that, it's miserable flying. What's the conventional wisdom about 60 minutes in Amsterdam? More or less do-able than the 85 min. in CDG?

ETA: We will not take the 60 minute return flight from London. There's an option with a plane change in Detroit for the return--2 hr + layover in Detroit will be more manageable.

Edited by perlgirlnj

ETA: We will not take the 60 minute return flight from London. There's an option with a plane change in Detroit for the return--2 hr + layover in Detroit will be more manageable.

That's actually the one I'd be more confident about (no Schengen immigration as you are in transit)! I'd be OK with both, obviously they are within MTC at CDG, but as you are anxious about them, other flights may be the better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another choice would be a two stop flight:

Cincinnati to Detroit (75 min there) to AMS (60 min there) to Oslo.

Gets in to Oslo much earlier but other than that, it's miserable flying. What's the conventional wisdom about 60 minutes in Amsterdam? More or less do-able than the 85 min. in CDG?

Again, I would check on the Cruise Air board you''l find FFlyers who fly into these airports a couple times a year. I've done the AMS shuffle in less than 60 twice. It's less complicated than CDG. AMS is pretty good at fast tracking those with tight connections. What are the plan B's for each airport if you don't make the connection? Are there later flights? Which airport has more ways to get you there if you miss the connection?