How Far in Advance Did You Book Your Tulips & Windmills River Cruise

BuckeyeTraveler

Just wondering how far in advance we need to book a river cruise for 2013 Tulips and Windmills. Most of the lines do not even have their rates published, yet they are pushing for a decision. Any tips would be appreciated.

We're actually looking at booking a Viking river cruise for 2013. Their 2013 schedule is out, AND best of all they have a 2 for 1 deal going until the end of February.

Peggy

We're actually looking at booking a Viking river cruise for 2013. Their 2013 schedule is out, AND best of all they have a 2 for 1 deal going until the end of February.

Peggy

Peggy, From my experience they always have a 2 for 1 deal going. They offered me one last year but it really wasn't.

My suggestion is to look at the various lines and itineraries - and make a short list. Then, watch for the sales.

We had no intention of doing a Tulip Time Cruise in 2011, but caught a sale with Scenic that was too good to pass up. We booked in July 2010 for end of March 2011.

I do agree with Ozjohno - Viking always seems to have a 2-for-1 sale on... and it isn't much better that "regular" prices with other companies.

And - a number will guarantee prices if you book early(ie: book now for 2013) --> or offer the option of cancelling if the prices jump significantly.

Fran

We did the Tulips and Windmills cruise with Uniworld in 2010 and booked about a year in advance. We did this to get the discount for payment in full and to get the cabin that we wanted.

The trip was outstanding and I would highly recommend it. The boat was in great condition, the crew and meals were superb, and the stops were exactly the places we wanted to visit.

We booked a Tulips and Windmills cruise with Uniworld for 2011 about a year out. It was wonderful. We were on Uniworld, and received an advance booking discount plus when the price went up, we were kept at the original price.

Buckyeye - we booked the 2013 Tulips and Windmills with Viking just last week. Leaving on the 26 March out of Amsterdam. While the 2 for 1 was inviting - we like to plan at least a year in advance to begin looking for air fares. We normally find a better fare than waiting even up to 6 months prior to the cruise. This will be our first river cruise.

I booked the Rhine Getaway cruise for March, 2013 at the end of November when the prices came out. I like to book early as the cabins book up quickly.

This will be my 3rd River cruise with Viking. I have done the Tulips and Windmills and the Viking China.

I love the Viking River cruises, they look after everything.

Archived