B2B on Glory, Feb. 28 to March 14

AryMay

We were on Glory in February and had the same great wait staff. Wonderful to see their photos! We often sail B2B as well. It's the flights from Canada that are expensive not the cruise! We are booked for the Glory again next January (another B2B)

Danielle

I just finished reading your "other thread" and have to tell you how much I enjoyed your writing and pictures..

Looking forward to your completing week 2 as we're headed there in about 6 weeks..

Great job... Thank You

Sounds like b2b cruises on the Glory are pretty popular!

Thanks to those of you who have made their way over to my blog. It is taking me awhile, but I am slowly working my way through each day of our cruise. I just posted a VERY long review of what we did in San Juan. The city is so beautiful and full of history...I kind of went crazy taking photos!

Please feel free to leave any comments here on Cruise Critic OR on the blog itself. Knowing I have helped someone with their planning is what keeps me motivated to continue writing!

You can also subscribe to the blog via email so you don't have to keep checking to see if there is anything new.

Here is the link to the blog: My Souvenir Memories Blog

• 2 weeks later...
Can you confirm that the Seuss at Sea program is presently on the Glory? Thanks!

Yes, it was. Here is the info from the Fun Times for Sunday (1st sea day):

Join your favorite Dr. Seuss characters for a whimsical parade and memorable story reading of Dr. Seuss's beloved book, "The Cat in the Hat," hosted by your cruise director with character appearances and audience participation.

2:45 pm Parade Starts (Ebony Cabaret, 5 Aft)

3:15 pm Story Time (Amber Palace, 3 Fwd)

On Friday (2nd sea day), I see there was a Green Eggs and Ham breakfast listed from 9:00 am to 10:00 am in the Golden Dining Room.

I can't give you any first hand information on these activities since we didn't attend, but hopefully this helps!

Thanks Mary. I knew you did not have first hand info as it was not part of your detailed amazing blog.

Having been on the Glory recently, I knew you would know if it was already on the Glory.

I had asked months ago when I knew we would be bringing our 13 month old grand daughter and was told it would be. However as we all know, things sometimes change and don't happen when they are scheduled to. So thanks for confirming.

Another question for you. Even though I read the whole blog of your b2b, I cannot remember if you mentioned a taste bar or not. It must be my old age creeping up.

Thank you in advance

You didn't remember because I DIDN'T mention the Taste Bar! ;) And I didn't mention it, because we never tried it!

The Taste Bar was from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm on four nights. During our first week (Western) we had traditional dining at 6 pm and usually were rushing to get ready so never had time to stop before dinner. By the time dinner was over, more food was just not something that we were looking for!

The second week (Eastern) we did walk by the Taste Bar a couple of times and "looked" at the food, but just weren't hungry enough to want to sample anything. (I couldn't really even tell you what they were serving at this point.)

Here is the schedule from the Western route from my Fun Times:

Saturday
- Blue Iguana Cantina

Sunday
- Emerald Steakhouse

Thursday
- Cucina del Capitano

Friday
- Red Frog Pub

The second week schedule was identical, except the Emerald Steakhouse was on Monday instead (the first sea day.)

You would think at least once during the two weeks we would have managed to just try the Taste Bar, but we didn't. Heck...after 10 cruises, we have yet to even order anything from room service!

Edited by AryMay

Thanks Mary.

We have had items from the taste bar many times. Just wasn't sure if it was on the Glory. I think they are on all ships now but wanted to ask just to be sure. Couldn't see it on the deck plans.

On some ships, one will pass it but on others you have to go out of your way to find it.

Most of the items are delicious. We tried it many times on the Spirit when they first started with the Taste Bar. We had a friend that enjoyed having a pre dinner drink most evenings and back then, there was always a$5 drink offered with the Taste Bar. We had many sea days on our 28 days Vancouver to Australia. So we have tried them all.

Since then we have tried it on some of the other ships but for the ships where we did not see it on the way to dinner, would completely forget. Not that we needed more food.

We are cruising with some Carnival newbies this next cruise so wanted to point the TasteBar out to them. Our 13 month old grand daughter will love the meatballs. We may have to get several if she likes them.:D:p

As for room service, we have only ordered it once in 24 Carnival cruises and that was just to try it out since 2 of us had never ordered room service before.We were 3 couples who had our 3 balconies opened for our Alaskan cruise. We thought it would be neat to order room service while cruising Glacier Bay. That way we could enjoy the scenery without having to go in to eat.

We really enjoyed it for that occasion but since I am not a sandwich person, will not make that a habit.

As for room service, we have only ordered it once in 24 Carnival cruises and that was just to try it out since 2 of us had never ordered room service before.We were 3 couples who had our 3 balconies opened for our Alaskan cruise. We thought it would be neat to order room service while cruising Glacier Bay. That way we could enjoy the scenery without having to go in to eat.

Not sure if you looked at any of my Alaska cruise photos on my blog, but we did about the same thing. We were traveling with our good friends and had the balcony open between the two cabins. The cabins were located just below the buffet and so more than once we (and by "we", I mean our HUSBANDS!) went up and grabbed food for us to eat on the balcony!

Dining "al fresco" in Alaska! (Love the pizza on Princess!!) :)

P1000525.JPG

Not sure if you looked at any of my Alaska cruise photos on my blog, but we did about the same thing. We were traveling with our good friends and had the balcony open between the two cabins. The cabins were located just below the buffet and so more than once we (and by "we", I mean our HUSBANDS!) went up and grabbed food for us to eat on the balcony!

Dining "al fresco" in Alaska! (Love the pizza on Princess!!) :)

P1000525.JPG

Nice! Best way to cruise Alaska.

Do you remember which night was past guest party on eastern cruise?

It was the late afternoon of San Juan for me.

Were you still in port? On the May 2 itinerary we are in San Juan from 1-8pm. I don't think they would have a party while guests are in port.

Thanks, I'm hoping that is not second formal night.

Just checked...the Past Guest Party was later in the afternoon after we had sailed from San Juan (Wednesday.) The 2nd formal night was the next night (Thursday), the day we were in Grand Turk.

Edited by AryMay