Palancar beach club entry fee?

39august

I was surprised when looking at the beach guide on Cozumel Insider that there is an entry fee to Palancar beach. Does anyone know what it is, please? I know Paradise has a $3 fee. Really hoping to try Palancar as it should be uncrowded.

I was surprised when looking at the beach guide on Cozumel Insider that there is an entry fee to Palancar beach. Does anyone know what it is, please? I know Paradise has a $3 fee. Really hoping to try Palancar as it should be uncrowded.

I have never paid an entrance fee and was really surprised to see that. I am not sure how often that chart is updated. I was going to suggest you email the beach club but I see their website has disappeared - very strange!

Yep c-leg5, I couldn't find their website either. 404 error when clicking on link in FB, from which there are no posts since 2014. Seems strange to me too.

But OP, remember it's about $14 more RT to Playa Palancar from the two southern cruise piers than to Paradise Beach. So if you have less than 5 people in your taxi, you're breaking even, taxi versus entrance fee.

A little more searching of TripAdvisor revealed that whilst there doesn't seem to be an entry fee but they do seem to be charging $10 for and umbrella. I don't know if this is new or not. We have never stayed all day and only used table and chairs.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d558543-Reviews-Playa_Palancar-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html