NCL Sun Personal Hair Dryers & Outlets

AuntieBarb

I am getting confused by the archives here. So please pardon a redundant question.

I understand that balconies and below have one of those box/hose hair dryers in the bathroom. Okay...despise those...bringing my own. But I've read to bring a dual voltage or dual wattage. Is the situation on the Sun the same as the Spirit? Do I need a plug converter too (international) or is it just that a high wattage hair dryer will blow the circuit breaker?

Confused. I am in good shape either way because I bought one special for cruising on the Spirit. But our travel companions need to know.

I am getting confused by the archives here. So please pardon a redundant question.

I understand that balconies and below have one of those box/hose hair dryers in the bathroom. Okay...despise those...bringing my own. But I've read to bring a dual voltage or dual wattage. Is the situation on the Sun the same as the Spirit? Do I need a plug converter too (international) or is it just that a high wattage hair dryer will blow the circuit breaker?

Confused. I am in good shape either way because I bought one special for cruising on the Spirit. But our travel companions need to know.

Does your hair dryer have a small "brick" (plastic box) on the cord? If so, check the fine writing on it. If it says "input voltage 100-240vac", then it is dual voltage, and you can plug it into either the US 110v outlet, or the 220v European round pin outlet (with a plug adapter, but a voltage converter is not required).

Generally, unless all the ladies in the 3 cabins that are on the same circuit fire up their 85,000 watt (just kidding) hair dryers at the same time, it won't blow the circuit. However, IIRC, the outlet in the bathroom is marked for shavers only, and won't handle a hair dryer.

I just got off of the Sun last Sunday (balcony room). I brought my own hairdryer; there is a US 110v plug by the desk/mirror area. There is a EU 220v plug too if that is what you require.

The box hairdryer, the Kronous 2000, is in the bathroom and has very poor output/power to dry hair. I have thick hair so it would have taken me forever.

IMO they have not replaced them because there is nothing wrong with them because no one has used them. :D

Hope this helps! :)

It's little known that those hairdryers on the Sun have different speeds. There is a Blue (I think) button that can make it hotter and blow faster. It's also hard to figure out so maybe ask your steward if you can't. It's really not obvious how to do it.

It's little known that those hairdryers on the Sun have different speeds. There is a Blue (I think) button that can make it hotter and blow faster. It's also hard to figure out so maybe ask your steward if you can't. It's really not obvious how to do it.

IMO, It was pretty easy to figure out how to pick the speeds on the Kronous 2000 (it is a kind of aqua blue color), not much different than a slide button on a regular hair dryer. The high level was still very low powered., IMO. :)

Edited by Cruisercl

Does your hair dryer have a small "brick" (plastic box) on the cord? If so, check the fine writing on it. If it says "input voltage 100-240vac", then it is dual voltage, and you can plug it into either the US 110v outlet, or the 220v European round pin outlet (with a plug adapter, but a voltage converter is not required).

Generally, unless all the ladies in the 3 cabins that are on the same circuit fire up their 85,000 watt (just kidding) hair dryers at the same time, it won't blow the circuit. However, IIRC, the outlet in the bathroom is marked for shavers only, and won't handle a hair dryer.

Thank you! I have the entire kit thanks to sailing the Spirit and as well the Jade on the Med. I will pass this along to my friends. Much appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

I just got off of the Sun last Sunday (balcony room). I brought my own hairdryer; there is a US 110v plug by the desk/mirror area. There is a EU 220v plug too if that is what you require.

The box hairdryer, the Kronous 2000, is in the bathroom and has very poor output/power to dry hair. I have thick hair so it would have taken me forever.

IMO they have not replaced them because there is nothing wrong with them because no one has used them. :D

Hope this helps! :)

Thick, "fat hair" here too! I must sit at a vanity and style my hair. So no way would I make friends with that box dryer! LOL