Riverside Hotel Las Olas FLL - book now or wait?

danicolie

Our cruise is not until the end of April. We'll be staying 2 nights pre-cruise (April 28-30) and after reading the recommendations on this forum, we've decided we'd like the Riverside hotel. I think I found it on Priceline for $140/nt. Is that a good price for that hotel at that time of year? Should I jump on it or wait for a price drop a few weeks before our sailing? I think our trip is at the start of the off-season?

Priceline worries me a little since it's pay ahead/non-refundable. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thx :)

Our cruise is not until the end of April. We'll be staying 2 nights pre-cruise (April 28-30) and after reading the recommendations on this forum, we've decided we'd like the Riverside hotel. I think I found it on Priceline for $140/nt. Is that a good price for that hotel at that time of year? Should I jump on it or wait for a price drop a few weeks before our sailing? I think our trip is at the start of the off-season?

Priceline worries me a little since it's pay ahead/non-refundable. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thx :)

$140 is very reasonable. Does that include the service fees and tax?

I can tell you that I've noticed rates tend to climb rather than go down in price. The normal rates I've found at Riverside averages around $220-280,

Occasionally if there are some rooms left then hoteliers reduce prices about a month out. We were lucky and scored the riverside on Hotwire about 3 weeks out and got it for around $130

We loved the place. The room was a little funky meaning older building on second floor, elevator only big enough for two of us , very, very dark due to trees blocking windows, but the room was also updated, very clean and convenient to lots of good Restaurants

One night was fine, but if we had stayed there longer I would have asked for the other tower, since the place we were in had tile corridors and it was NOISY whenever a cart rolled over or a suitcase. REALLY loud, so if peace and quiet is a priority I would say go someplace where there is carpeted hallways

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pay ahead...non-refundable...isn't worth the few $$'s to me...unless I'm "positive" ... life happens;)

That hotel does save the older wing rooms for Priceline customers. But if you intend on being out and about, shouldn't bother your stay. We've had a PL room there. Was good enough for our one night. If we planned on a longer stay, we too would have booked a nicer located room with a view. $140 is a nice rate. But I would have trouble booking nonrefundable rooms this far out. I like to shop around a bit.

Edited by eandj

$140 on Priceline does not include taxes. The rate on the Riverside hotel's website right now is $239 plus taxes which makes Priceline sounds like a really great deal! But I agree that booking this far ahead (non-refundable) makes me very nervous. I think I will wait a while longer. If I see the rate start creeping up, I will lock it in then. Thanks for the feedback.