Starbucks on the Breeze?

CruiseMomTX

I was on the Breeze last week. The location is still called the Coffee Bar, but any coffee drink is made with Starbucks beans now and there's signage indicating so. You can still get spiked coffees, milkshakes, etc. as before. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the menu.

What a terrible mishap!!:eek: Carnival has/had used Lavazza coffees which were okay, not fantastic, but certainly a far cry better than the over-roasted, over-hyped beans from the Pacific Northwest.

Really? Is that across all the ships? Even vista? That would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't speak for the other ships but the Breeze came out of its recent drydock with the Starbucks change.

• 1 month later...
What a terrible mishap!!:eek: Carnival has/had used Lavazza coffees which were okay, not fantastic, but certainly a far cry better than the over-roasted, over-hyped beans from the Pacific Northwest.

I'm right with you on that. Our next cruise is Breeze, our second on that lovely ship. I hope this doesn't also apply to their (free) brewed coffee, which I thought was pretty good before.

Totally agree. We have a couple of French bakeries here that serves Lavazza and it's great! I can handle $tarbucks as long as it's not the darkest roast. Tastes like someone decided to use that bag of beans that was found after a fire in a tire warehouse, and I normally love a good dark roast. If I do $tarbucks I usually stick with Pike Place. I don't do the "candy bar in a cup" drinks.

I'm glad they got rid of the other coffee. I used to ports that had Starbucks in them - now I don't have to. Going on Vista on November, can't wait to have good coffee every day. I hope they put it on all there ships. That would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally agree. We have a couple of French bakeries here that serves Lavazza and it's great! I can handle $tarbucks as long as it's not the darkest roast. Tastes like someone decided to use that bag of beans that was found after a fire in a tire warehouse, and I normally love a good dark roast. If I do $tarbucks I usually stick with Pike Place. I don't do the "candy bar in a cup" drinks.

I would've described it a teensy bit differently, but yep, and I also love a good dark or medium-dark roast. The major problem is, it's getting harder and harder to find a good cup of simply rich dark coffee. Even my last trip to Europe was a disappointment on that level.