Playa Palanca

runner5

Can anyone give me any information about Playa Palanca? The little I know is that it is a nice quiet beach that offers snorkel tours. I was hoping for a nice non touristy beach that we could snorkel at without a tour. I was also hoping to rent a jet ski for my 18 year old boys.

Thank you for any information!

Can anyone give me any information about Playa Palanca? The little I know is that it is a nice quiet beach that offers snorkel tours. I was hoping for a nice non touristy beach that we could snorkel at without a tour. I was also hoping to rent a jet ski for my 18 year old boys.

Thank you for any information!

Have you checked out their website?

http://www.buceopalancar.com/index_en.html

Thank you, I have checked the website out. I emailed them yesterday too. I was hoping someone here had an opinion about snokeling from the beach or is it necessary to take the snorkel tour there. Also I saw they rent jet skis, my 18 year old boys are interested in that too. Also if the beach has chairs, if we can rent one and how much. The website doesn't list prices or times.

Thank you for your help!

Thank you, I have checked the website out. I emailed them yesterday too. I was hoping someone here had an opinion about snokeling from the beach or is it necessary to take the snorkel tour there. Also I saw they rent jet skis, my 18 year old boys are interested in that too. Also if the beach has chairs, if we can rent one and how much. The website doesn't list prices or times.

Thank you for your help!

I have only stopped by for drinks while visiting other places.it is one of our favorite beach bars and one day I will spend the day there! There is no entrance charge to use the facilities, just PAYG for food and drinks.

There are tables and chairs with umbrellas and wooden loungers. I don't remember umbrellas by the loungers and some people complain they are uncomfortable.

If you search Palancar snorkel on trip advisor you will read that some had good experience snorkelling from the beach but experienced snorkelers will recommend you take the boat trip out to the reef. (However I have also read mised reports about the reef being very deep for snorkel and better for diving!)

Google search will also bring up several videos of the facility. HTH

Palancar is a nice quiet beach. But the underwater park an the Palancar reefs are off shore at this point. You might see some fish and coral but the better snorkeling would be to take the boat. The beach has lounger and palapas and last time I was there they are available at no charge, just buy some food (the fish dishes are the best but pretty good food all around) and or drinks. All other amenities are extra as I recall.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Have you checked out their website?

http://www.buceopalancar.com/index_en.html

It looks like this link doesn't work. Anyone have any other thoughts on Palancar Beach Club? Thinking of going there when we are in Cozumel in November. Is a taxi the best way to get there. It looks like it is about $25 each way depending on the pier you are docked at?

We are looking for a beach club similar to those that are in Tulum. Just south of the ruins is Tulum beach with many fantastic beach clubs. We went to Ziggys several years back and had a great lunch and spent time on the beach. We have visited Paradise Beach in Cozumel and it is a much different atmosphere. Big pools and average expensive food and people. We want quiet and quaint with not a lot of people. It seems that most of the beach clubs in Cozumel appeal to the masses with water toys and kids.

It looks like this link doesn't work. Anyone have any other thoughts on Palancar Beach Club? Thinking of going there when we are in Cozumel in November. Is a taxi the best way to get there. It looks like it is about $25 each way depending on the pier you are docked at?

We are looking for a beach club similar to those that are in Tulum. Just south of the ruins is Tulum beach with many fantastic beach clubs. We went to Ziggys several years back and had a great lunch and spent time on the beach. We have visited Paradise Beach in Cozumel and it is a much different atmosphere. Big pools and average expensive food and people. We want quiet and quaint with not a lot of people. It seems that most of the beach clubs in Cozumel appeal to the masses with water toys and kids.

Yes seems to have disappeared for now. We discovered recently

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47591454#post47591454

I think they may still have facebook but doesn't seem to be any contact info for now. I have emailed them previously.

We prefer the quieter beaches and Palancar is normally quieter because the taxi ride is more expensive. I would say taxi is the only way of getting there unless you rent a vehicle. I believe I have read the beaches on the mainland are probably more sandy but are presently suffering badly with seaweed. The west coast of Cozumel seems to be more seaweed free than the east although I am sure that is dependent on the weather. Otherwise I would recommend the beaches on the east side of Cozumel for quietness, some you will be the only ones there! However there is no swimming due to currents and undertow and presently they also have the seaweed problem, or so I have read.

We also like Punta Morena which is about the biggest beach club on the east side and does have a small pool. The restaurant can get busy - but the area is large enough to find an area all to yourself if you desire. Transport is the bigger problem there and I think you need to arrange for a return ride.

Not sure I personally would describe any as "quaint" but I am not sure what you are comparing to!