Galveston - Easiest Parking

cruiseind

Will be cruising out of Galveston on Navigator soon. What are the opinions on the easiest place to park. The Port itself, Lighthouse, ez-Park all are the same price.

I'm just looking for the smoothest way in and out. Traffic backups?, shuttle wait times, best service at end of cruise, etc. It looks like even the Port parking will need to use a shuttle.

After cruising out of Baltimore and parking literally less than 100 yards away from the door I am spoiled.

I agree with the previous poster, Galveston Park N Cruise .com is the easiest place to park IF you don't mind shlepping your own bags. It is directly across the street from the terminal and is the closest place to park. They have golf carts that will take you from your vehicle to the entrance with your bags (which isn't very far), but they can't drive the golf carts on the city streets, so you have to walk across the street (has a stop light and cross walk - very safe) with your bags. They offer inside and outside parking and are reliable and safe. We stopped parking at the other places 5 years ago and use this parking lot exclusively. Of course, you can drive to the terminal first and drop your bags with a porter and then go park and you can cross the street without bags.

Sorry, I can not help on the parking lots you named except to say they are much further away and do require a shuttle to get to and from the ship which they provide. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

We are using 81st and Dolphin. The prices seem decent, shuttle provided (allowed in shuttle vs parking at port), and the reviews seem to be decent. I've never used their facility so I can't attest to anything other than price.

Park and cruise right across the street

Walk to terminal

Maybe 200 yards

Stay spoiled.

The hubby and I are considering using this parking facility or Lighthouse. We have not used either before and most of the reviews I am finding on CruiseCritic are several years old, so I am hoping someone can offer an opinion on Lighthouse... just for comparison purposes.

Thanks!

We live in Galveston,

therefore never have needed parking here.

Someone else tune in.

All parking is close and I have not heard anything bad about any of the private or port public lots.

I think question is, do you want to walk or ride?

I do suggest dropping bags off first at terminal prior to parking though.

We used Lighthouse on our February Freedom cruise. Very fast both ways. The driver loaded our luggage & unloaded it. One interesting note: on debarkation day we told our porter we were using Lighthouse. He said it would be a long walk and that they were not recommending them, and in the future we should use the port parking. It was NOT a long walk. In fact it was shorter than our previous cruise. The Port of Galveston is using the porters in their parking war with other lots. It made me more inclined to never use POG parking.

We have used Park N Cruise twice and really like them. It is a little far for me to walk because I have mobility issues but I made it.

Once we used the one on the corner right by the red light. It is closer but they have been bought out since we used them. They cost somewhat more but next year we will probably use them. They are an indoor place as well. It is called VIP Galveston Parking.

Hope you have a great cruise whatever you decide to do.

We used Lighthouse on our February Freedom cruise. Very fast both ways. The driver loaded our luggage & unloaded it. One interesting note: on debarkation day we told our porter we were using Lighthouse. He said it would be a long walk and that they were not recommending them, and in the future we should use the port parking. It was NOT a long walk. In fact it was shorter than our previous cruise. The Port of Galveston is using the porters in their parking war with other lots. It made me more inclined to never use POG parking.

They porters have been told to do that by the port. Also

port is trying to increase port Ingres fees of private parking lots owners.

Political turf wars are occurring !

I agree with the previous poster, Galveston Park N Cruise .com is the easiest place to park IF you don't mind shlepping your own bags. It is directly across the street from the terminal and is the closest place to park. They have golf carts that will take you from your vehicle to the entrance with your bags (which isn't very far), but they can't drive the golf carts on the city streets, so you have to walk across the street (has a stop light and cross walk - very safe) with your bags. They offer inside and outside parking and are reliable and safe. We stopped parking at the other places 5 years ago and use this parking lot exclusively. Of course, you can drive to the terminal first and drop your bags with a porter and then go park and you can cross the street without bags.

Sorry, I can not help on the parking lots you named except to say they are much further away and do require a shuttle to get to and from the ship which they provide. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Is the parking garage that has the walkway over road?

The Port of Galveston is using the porters in their parking war with other lots. It made me more inclined to never use POG parking.

We've used the POG lot once before and it was adequate, but I've heard so many good things about other lots I wanted to try something new. Thanks for the input.

We have used Park N Cruise twice and really like them. It is a little far for me to walk because I have mobility issues but I made it.

Once we used the one on the corner right by the red light. It is closer but they have been bought out since we used them. They cost somewhat more but next year we will probably use them. They are an indoor place as well. It is called VIP Galveston Parking.

Hope you have a great cruise whatever you decide to do.

Thanks for the input.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We used Lighthouse this past week and very fast pickup from car to terminal. Same for the return. The driver dropped our luggage off at the gatehouse of Lighthouse Parking and said they can't drive you to your car with the bags and that we had to even carry them ourselves or drive up to the bags -- thought that was odd and rude.