Land Discoveries 22 December and 5 Jan Quest

uktog

Bonnie

There are still very few events available to book with nothing in places like Darwin and very little in other ports.

Is this the total offering, or, if more will be forthcoming, when will we know them.

It's peak season at that time and independent operators are getting booked up, so need to make decisions quite soon

Thanks

Bonnie

There are still very few events available to book with nothing in places like Darwin and very little in other ports.

Is this the total offering, or, if more will be forthcoming, when will we know them.

It's peak season at that time and independent operators are getting booked up, so need to make decisions quite soon

Thanks

I'll be a squeaky wheel and see what I can find out for you.

bb

Thank you Bonnie

I am not shooting the messenger but yes today 3 excursions were added for the whole trip

1. Ok 3 excursions have been added for Darwin all were also offered on the Celebrity cruise we were on, none really explore the national park - and the main theme is - crocodiles - and the Azamazing evening is about - crocodiles

2. Only 1 excursion is offered for Thursday a Island

3. 2 two hour tours, that's it for Cooktown

4. Port Douglas 4 excursions - and two involve ----Crocodiles

So I am very disappointed if this is the final offering from a destination cruiseline on their inaugural voyage to Oz. It's a busy year for me, I had wanted an easy plan for this cruise but I feel Azamara has totally under delivered here and I will now start trying to source our own solutions

Oh and when I try and access any trips through my booking for the 5 January trip all I get is thr menu for the earlier cruise

In our lingo, we would call all this a disappointing bespoke @@@@ up.

Thank you Bonnie

I am not shooting the messenger but yes today 3 excursions were added for the whole trip

1. Ok 3 excursions have been added for Darwin all were also offered on the Celebrity cruise we were on, none really explore the national park - and the main theme is - crocodiles - and the Azamazing evening is about - crocodiles

So I am very disappointed if this is the final offering from a destination cruiseline on their inaugural voyage to Oz. It's a busy year for me, I had wanted an easy plan for this cruise but I feel Azamara has totally under delivered here and I will now start trying to source our own solutions

Oh and when I try and access any trips through my booking for the 5 January trip all I get is thr menu for the earlier cruise

Uktog, I'll pass your thoughts up the chain of command.

p.s. I see you read my latest blog :)

I think they are not only my thoughts Bonnie. Friends who don't post here but were planning to book have put this decision on hold. They are older and its ships excursions or nothing for them

I've just received word from on high that many more tours for the 'down under' cruises are in development!

Since we are new to the region they put up a sampling of the best selling tours (according to the shore agents.) Our Land Discoveries team is working on Round Two which will include many more, and different tours for you.

Check back at the end of April because I'm also told they don't expect to release them for at least a month.

• 2 months later...
Could you check for me? Since I am not aware of what the original tours were I would not recognize the new tours.

Nothing new for 5 Jan, still a very sparse range of options

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Bonnie

Ann

i am sure i have read this at least twice but I have no plans for either Thursday island or Cooktown but walking around and eating.. i am staying in a hotel from Port Douglas to enjoy the rain forest and rejoining the ship on the 5th.. always wanted to stay at this hotel.

personally i do not need to see crocs but i bet i booked something in Darwin...i find it is a dull cruise but he next one has lots of snorkeling for me to do.

They haven't answered me. I'll send another email.

Thanks for reminding me.

Are the emails still unanswered of is the answer that's all Azamara can manage to put together?

I am finding this dragging out absolutely frustrating!

Are the emails still unanswered of is the answer that's all Azamara can manage to put together?

I am finding this dragging out absolutely frustrating!

Hi UKTOG,

I received an email on Monday saying the tours are all up. I've asked them to reconsider adding more, but no reply yet on this request. If I hear anything more I'll definitely let you know. For now my hands are tied.

Hi UKTOG,

I received an email on Monday saying the tours are all up. I've asked them to reconsider adding more, but no reply yet on this request. If I hear anything more I'll definitely let you know. For now my hands are tied.

Bonnie, i am on the above cruises with Ann. i found the first cruise hard too but not so much with Jan 5th.but I snorkel and found some good tours. . it really depends on interests and how much on your own you want to do.

Hi UKTOG,

Thank you for the update.

If the tours are all up, it is an extremely poor range of options for a Destination Cruise Line. In several it is a smaller choice than Celebrity gave us three years ago and as I said right at the beginning, there are only so many crocodile trips you can do. Snorkelling is indeed an option for some but many will want variety.

I will now start sorting out our own tours most of the time. Wish I'd done that months ago!

Thanks for your help in the matter

Edited by uktog

As a newbie to Azamara, I am wondering if it is typical to begin looking to book excursions six months in advance or if it is just because this is a new itinerary?

Thanks.

Cynthia

Edited by CFCTampa