Post cruise....

logbook

We are cruising next March out of Ft Lauderdale and the day we get off the ship our flight probably won't be until 7:00 p.m. Any suggestions on what we could do for they day? I'm feeling like our only option would be to rent a car, because we will have our luggage. It will be a Saturday. Any ideas? We have always gone directly to the airport and had an early afternoon flight. Thanks for any suggestions!

In 2012 we had a 3:10pm flight out of FLL on JetBlue. We got off the ship and went straight to the airport to check our luggage curbside and then took a cab to Las Olas for some sightseeing and lunch. Then took a cab back for our flight.

We plan on doing this again in October.

I'm sure some locals will provide other options but one option would be to at least check the luggage in so you're not lugging it around.

You could rent a car at the airport and store your luggage in the trunk. Check out http://www.sunny.org for FLL area attractions.

Alternatively, you can take your luggage to the airport and store it at Bags To Go (http://www.bagstogo.net) if you can't do curbside check-in as mentioned by another poster. Then take a taxi into Fort Lauderdale and see the sites. If the weather is good, I would recommend taking the water taxi (http://www.watertaxi.com) from the Hilton Marina, get off at the Las Olas stop for window shopping and lunch, then return to the water taxi and complete the circle back to the Hilton.

When we have a late flight from Ft.Lauderdale, we taxi to Embassy Suites and have the bellman hold our luggage like we are staying there. Lots of places in the Harbor Shops to have a nice lunch. Then we get on the SunTrolly for a dollar each and head to the beach. Head back to the hotel, grab our luggage, get a cab, and 10 min to the airport,

If you plane doesn't leave until 7PM, I would book a room for the day (you probably will not be able to get a day room in March but will have to traditionally book) and spend the day by the pool or beach, have a great alfresco lunch, shower, then head to the airport.

While I'd normally never suggest staying there, the former Days Inn at Bahia Cabana would be a really fun day and it is across the street from the beach. The rooms are yuck but you wouldn't be sleeping there.

If you plane doesn't leave until 7PM, I would book a room for the day (you probably will not be able to get a day room in March but will have to traditionally book) and spend the day by the pool or beach, have a great alfresco lunch, shower, then head to the airport.

While I'd normally never suggest staying there, the former Days Inn at Bahia Cabana would be a really fun day and it is across the street from the beach. The rooms are yuck but you wouldn't be sleeping there.

Maybe we should consider just staying overnight and getting a morning flight the next day. of course, I won't book that hotel if we do decide to do that!! I don't think I could even book a 'yuck' room for the day if I have to shower and change there! :eek:

When we have a late flight from Ft.Lauderdale, we taxi to Embassy Suites and have the bellman hold our luggage like we are staying there. Lots of places in the Harbor Shops to have a nice lunch. Then we get on the SunTrolly for a dollar each and head to the beach. Head back to the hotel, grab our luggage, get a cab, and 10 min to the airport,

Thanks really funny that you can pull that off! I would never think of something like that!!! :rolleyes: