Does cruising on the newer NCL ships spoil you for cruising on the older ones?

cruisecritiquer

Echoing others . . . We did the BA last year with our kids (then 13 and 15) and knew that the ship was one of the destinations. We all loved it - especially the waterpark features. We just returned from sailing the Sun to Alaska and the kids (now 14 & 16) still loved it because, as others have said, Alaska and its ports are the destination. And as others pointed out, it was too cold to use the pools anyway (except for departure day when it was in the 80s in Vancouver).

Obviously totally subjective as you said...but I went on the Gem, then Spirit, then Epic twice, then the Dawn. The Epic completely spoiled me and the Dawn just didn't live up to my newfound expectations; that said, others would sail just the Dawn for the rest of their lives if given the option. I did like the Gem as well, which is bigger than spirit and dawn...so I guess I do like the bigger ones better.

Have cruised POA, BA, Gem and Spirit and found that the itinerary does it for me. I am hoping the Sun is much like the Spirit, as we are scheduled for PC and Alaska. For Grand Med and Hawaii the ship was of little consequence, getting on and off were the main activities.

Okay, I will tell them to suck it up. We will enjoy the ports and I really like the Jewel and Pearl. They will be fine. It's not like they were going to be frequenting water slides in Alaska anyway! lol

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

I think you would be able to enjoy yourselves no matter what ship you end up deciding on. There are some good opinions here! We did the Century to Alaska a few years back and we loved it! Probably our favorite cruise! We also prefer newer and bigger ships but as old and small as the Century was it didn't bother us at all.

At the time though, we didn't have children. However, I don't think it would have mattered cause like a few said here it's about the destination and scenery when it comes to Alaska!

Well good luck no matter what you choose and have a great time!