Transfer service in Papeete

Caroldoll

And I need an early transfer from the ship to the airport. I need someone reliable, if anyone knows a service.

Caroldoll - we contacted this company to book a private transfer from the airport to our hotel in Papeete as we arrive in the early hours and do not want to "hope" there will be taxis available at that time of the night! They responded promptly and we were happy with their quote which included all our luggage.

Email: info@maramartours.pf

Marama Tours

Tahiti

Tel: 689 40 50 74 74

Fax: 689 40 82 16 75

http://www.maramatours.com

I contacted Marama tours and they are fabulous. Coincidentally, they are the ones we used in 2006. They still have the same driver! Their price for a transfer was LESS than 1/5 of the ship's quoted price! This is for a private car and at 5:00 A.M.! I thank you for your referral and my memory was bad! Great, fast response...what more can a person ask for.

• 1 month later...

ORV - they did want Credit card details via email form to confirm the booking, but my DH phoned Michael Faye and gave him the details over the phone. (Not keen on putting cc details via an email!). The DH got everything sorted out with Michael and we had no issues with paying in advance, the charges came through as agreed (makes less to pay when we get there!) - DH said he was very helpful - he will try and sell you another tour though! Stand firm! ;):D

Michael Faye

Project Director

Marama Tours

Tahiti

Is it easy to get a taxi at the cruise ship terminal after we disembark to take us to the airport?

In January, we want to disembark Marina at 7:30 am for our 11:00 am flight.

What is an estimate of the fare so we can have the right amount of local currency?

Thanks in advance!!

ORV - they did want Credit card details via email form to confirm the booking, but my DH phoned Michael Faye and gave him the details over the phone. (Not keen on putting cc details via an email!). The DH got everything sorted out with Michael and we had no issues with paying in advance, the charges came through as agreed (makes less to pay when we get there!) - DH said he was very helpful - he will try and sell you another tour though! Stand firm! ;):D

Michael Faye

Project Director

Marama Tours

Tahiti

Thanks for the reply. Trying to now decide whether to do shared or private transfer.

I'll still trying to decide if we really need to be at the airport 3 hours early for an 11:55pm flight?

ORV - to be honest the difference between a shared transfer (with Maramar) and a private transfer (there will be four of us sharing the private transfer cost, so that makes a difference too) wasn't that much, if I remember correctly less than 10€ total.

I do know taxis are cheaper but to be honest as we are arriving at 00.50, I want to know someone is waiting for us with a sign with our name on, as I'm sure all we will be fit for is our hotel and bed!

Sorry can't help you with departing - but from what I read I don't think there are many facilities at PPT. Best have a decent dinner and some liquid refreshment before you head there! :D

Thanks for the reply. Trying to now decide whether to do shared or private transfer.

I'll still trying to decide if we really need to be at the airport 3 hours early for an 11:55pm flight?

Check in starts 3 hours before the flight. There are long lines so unless you want to upgrade to business, have a nice dinner somewhere and get there 2 hours before the flight.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We used Marama from port to airport last month. They make it sound like they use private cars, but then they pick you up with others and put you in a van. It was no big deal to us, as everyone was going to the airport, but I did find it a little misleading. We had a little screwup and ended up not being picked up on time, but that didn't turn out to be problematic. They give you a number to call if this happens, so use it immediately if you think they've forgotten about you.

I'm not saying don't use them, but did feel I should mention our experience. In our case, a taxi would have worked fine, as there were plenty of them at the port, with the same (short) walk to get to get our bags and get to them from when we got off the ship. I believe the cabs charged about the same as Marama, but I'm not positive. All vehicles charge a little for bags.

Dock to airport was about 10 minutes, 15 tops, around 8:30 in the morning.

There was a long line when we arrived, but it didn't seem to get any worse once we were there. We got there about 2 1/2 hours pre-flight. I suspect arriving 2 hours pre-flight would have been OK. While in the line, immigration people took our passports, checked our names off a list, and returned them to us in the line. The line kept moving and we checked into Air Tahiti Nui, went through security, etc. At 9 AM, there was a place in the airport to buy croissants and drinks but nothing else that I remember in terms of food.

Edited by roothy123

We used Marama from port to airport last month. They make it sound like they use private cars, but then they pick you up with others and put you in a van. It was no big deal to us, as everyone was going to the airport, but I did find it a little misleading. We had a little screwup and ended up not being picked up on time, but that didn't turn out to be problematic. They give you a number to call if this happens, so use it immediately if you think they've forgotten about you. We did have to pay up front, but had no problems with that.

I'm not saying don't use them, but did feel I should mention our experience. In our case, a taxi would have worked fine, as there were plenty of them at the port, with the same (short) walk to get to get our bags and get to them from where we got off the ship. I believe the cabs charged about the same as Marama, but I'm not positive. All vehicles charge a little for bags.

Edited by roothy123