Craft beer

sab666711

This is probably more for anyone local to the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area. After my cruise I would like to pick up some good local craft beer ie cigar city. Does anyone know where I can make a stop on the way to either the miami or Lauderdale airport (not sure which airport we will be using yet). Thanks for any replies

• 3 years later...

Riverside Market has 2 locations; one is off of Davie Road and the other is off of SR 84 (Riverside Market South), closer to FLL. Great locals hangout.

http://theriversidemarket.com/

RIVERSIDE MARKET

608 SW 12th Avenue

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

Ph. 954.358.8333

RIVERSIDE MARKET SOUTH

3218 SE 6th Avenue

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

Ph. 954.524.8986

Remember, you may not be able to bring beer on board your ship. Also, the craft bars like Funky Buddha, Wynwood, Abbey, MIA, et.al., may sell you beer in a growler but might not in cans or bottles.

In Miami, two places to look into for creating your own sixers are Union Beer Bar on SW 8th Street and Boxelder Craft on NW 2nd Ave in the Wynwood district.

Another vote for Total Wine. They have a huge selection of beer, and quite a lot of Florida beers. I'm about 3 hours north of Miami, but our Total Wine here has Florida beers from all over the state. I always pick up a mixed pack before going to visit friends. Just make sure to bring some ziplocs and/or plastic bags for packing. We actually have a few wine bottle pouches that easily fit a couple beer cans/bottles in each and I've flown with them many times with no issues.