Meet & Mingle Door Signs

you sign on to the M&M at the top of the page of your actual ship roll call and if the cruise is more than 5 days , you log on with your CC name and booking information and register. once enough people are registered for that actual cruise you will get a notice that the M&M is on. just before cruise you check to see when the M&M will be held. free prizes, free drinks and a chance to meet new people, some people put the sign on the door to let other CC cruisers know. On our TA next May we are getting pins for the cruise and have a slot pull etc organized as well. you should read the Message board or roll call for your actual cruise to see what is happening and you will get an idea of what is being planned. Have fun.

Thanks for all the info!!! I just signed up for one of our cruises and tried to sign up for another one but it said I can't since it is less than 7 nights :( O'well....at least I could sign up for one!!

• 1 month later...

The door signs I make up are off my Scrapbooking program, then use double sided tape or pads and attach the sign to the Avery Magnetic Sheets. If your signing up to your first M&M, and are on a Roll Call for your cruise, they open up the registration 1 yr from the date of your sailing. From the same page you register, you can check the Confirmed M&M which will tell you where that ship normally holds the M&M. It can change due to various reasons. When you enter your Stateroom, you will find an envelope on the desk with your invitations which will give you the time & location.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

• 2 months later...
What is an M&M? How do you register or sign up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You go to the top of the page for your cruise depending what ship and it has to be over 7 days for a M&M get together and if there is at least 25 registered.

It is a chance for the CC to get together on board the ship usually with treats , drinks and prizes given out by the Cruise Line. They are a lot of fun and good way to get to know your fellow Cruisers.

You will see a sign that says register for the meet and mingle and follow the prompts. Enjoy.

Edited by Folk Singer

You go to the top of the page for your cruise depending what ship and it has to be over 7 days for a M&M get together and if there is at least 25 registered.

It is a chance for the CC to get together on board the ship usually with treats , drinks and prizes given out by the Cruise Line. They are a lot of fun and good way to get to know your fellow Cruisers.

You will see a sign that says register for the meet and mingle and follow the prompts. Enjoy.

Sorry for being a bit slow but what do you mean by 'go to the top page of your cruise'? Is there a page on CC for my cruise? If so is that page easy to find or do you have to 'log in' first?

I have never used CC before so have no idea how their site works or what features it has.

Sorry for being a bit slow but what do you mean by 'go to the top page of your cruise'? Is there a page on CC for my cruise? If so is that page easy to find or do you have to 'log in' first?

I have never used CC before so have no idea how their site works or what features it has.

go to the top of your roll call for the ship and company you are on, look for date of your cruise. and then you will see at the top of the page just above the notice line then click on register for the Meet and mingle and follow the prompts. now if your cruise is less than 7 days you will not have a m&M but if you have ever sailed with RCCL register at the Loyalty page of RCCL under the Crown and and Anchor; you will then be invited to any C&A events on the cruise as well as any M&M.

Edited by Folk Singer

Maybe you could make them on a magnetic sign and customize with our forum name. That may be fun fir frequent cruisers if the cost is not too bad. Saves a few trees too:eek:

We had that done on our last TA. Photo of the ship and then put it on a magnetic back.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Do we both have to be registered seperately to attend the meet and mingle? Does it register you as a couple or by stateroom...?

You put in one booking number/sailing date and then check the individual boxes for attendees.

Edited by Coralc

• 1 month later...
Just a quick question, I have read this thread and still have no idea why these would be printed and placed on your door. Is there some benefit to doing it or does it just make it easier to find your room?

I would like to know the answer to this as well. :confused:

You are member of Cruise Critic and you would like to meet and chat with other Cruise Critic members that you have been chatting with on your roll call for sometimes, months...or years. :)

It is nice to know where they are staying if you are having a meet up, or sharing an excursion or you can call their room from a ship phone and leave a message about some fun thing if all parties are interested.

No one says you HAVE to put one on your door. It is just for socializing. We have several magnets on our door instead. :)

Cruisers get to know each other on these boards before the cruise in the sailing date threads as well as the Meet and Mingle threads. The door signs are a fun way to ID each other on the cruise as well as readily identifying your door in a long hallway of identical doors. Handy when you're in a hurry, a bit 'fuzzy' after a fun evening in the piano bar, or you're old like me and can't remember where you live! :eek::D

Just a quick question, I have read this thread and still have no idea why these would be printed and placed on your door. Is there some benefit to doing it or does it just make it easier to find your room?

Also, make more than one. There are the gremlins that will steal them as a memento or hoping to miff you in some way.

Cool, I was just wondering. I think maybe I'll print it up and not place a name on it. I don't really like putting my name out like that. If it's anything like the last cruise, because of my wife 75% of the ship knew us by the end.

Cool, I was just wondering. I think maybe I'll print it up and not place a name on it. I don't really like putting my name out like that. If it's anything like the last cruise, because of my wife 75% of the ship knew us by the end.

Most people put their CC screen name on the door sign, or a cute message rather than their real name.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I seem to be a sucker for something the least bit geeky... You can download this rtf file which should open up into Microsoft Word just fine. There is a text box in the right place (at least for my printer) with a dummy screen name that you can change to yours.