Key West seafood?

RozWazowski

The seafood is pretty good almost everywhere you go. Half Shell Raw Bar, A&B, and Conch Republic Seafood Co are great choices. BOs is also really good. If you don't mind a taxi ride, Hogfish out on Stock Island is excellent and is located on the working docks rather than the tourist traps downtown KW.

If you want to hit something that's new but seems like it's been around in Key West for a long time, hit Lagerhead's. It's a small restaurant / bar that sits on Simonton Beach which is located between the Pier House and the Hyatt. They serve draft beer and pretty good fish sandwiches and fish tacos, etc.

Pjk

My wife and I hit Hog’s Breath every time we’re in KW, and ALWAYS have the fish sandwich! I know it’s a “touristy” place but the beers are cold and the food is good! I think I had the BEST grouper sandwich of all-time at B.O.’s about four years ago. They were filleting it as I walked up to the counter, and I said, “Gimme some of that!” And someone else mentioned The Hogfish on Stock Island. It may be somewhat inconvenient, but it is a really great place. The fish tacos are the – well you know!!! Really cool, laid-back atmosphere, and zero Duval Street hustle and bustle.

• 3 weeks later...

Do any of these have good drink specials?

The seafood is pretty good almost everywhere you go. Half Shell Raw Bar, A&B, and Conch Republic Seafood Co are great choices. BOs is also really good. If you don't mind a taxi ride, Hogfish out on Stock Island is excellent and is located on the working docks rather than the tourist traps downtown KW.

The Conch Republic gives you two-for-one drinks, kinda. You buy a full-priced drink and they give you a small wooden token which is good for the next. I like this since I can stop there for a drink each day of a trip and pocket the token. Then, on the last day of a trip, throw all of the tokens on the bar and drink for free.

Alonzo's and the Boathouse just down from the Conch Republic have real half-priced drinks during happy hours, and great deals on appetizers if you can make it there by 4:30 without missing the boat.

Pjk

• 3 weeks later...