Key West Excursions

CruiseFan3035

Hello Everyone. Looking for some shopping/sightseeing tours in Key West that doesn't necessarily have to be booked through Carnival.

ย 

Any suggestions, sites, experiences are welcomed.

ย 

Thank you fellow cruisers ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

ย 

Me ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Key West is very easy to do on your own....get a guidebook at your local library...that will tell you all the points of interest! There is a hop on-hop off trolley, for areas a bit further from Duval st......most of the shopping is on Duval or blocks nearby....easy walking!

ย 

There is little reason to pay for an excursion here.

Ironically I was just talking to one of our members at work on Friday about Key West. He lives there 5/6 months a year. This is some of the things he told me about!

ย 

sightseeing:

Hemingway house

Truman House

Butterfly Museum

ย 

Restaurants:

Blue Heaven

El Sibony

Louies Backyard

Lattitudes

ย 

Hope this gives you a few ideas :D

Also, try posting this in the Key west board!

Edited by JABrown104

I agree, the shopping are is very close and no need for a tour if you are looking for that. We did a bicycle tour which was nice but after that we just walked around the shops and bars.

I have actually never ported in Key West but used to do a week long vacation there every year. It is a really great city. There is a hop on hop off trolley that might be a good idea. It stops at 12 different spots and you can get off wherever you want and then just get back on the next trolley. They usually run about every 30 min or so. Old town is also fairly walkable if you don't have mobility issues. It is a little over a mile from Mallory square to the Southernmost point.

ย 

There are also options of renting scooters or little electric cars that you could go out and explore on your own too.

The Key West port is within walking distance to shopping, sightseeing, restaurants and bars so do it on your own.

ย 

I recommend eating at Amigos for some fresh and tasty tacos and mexican food and some good beer.

ย 

Defintely try the chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick.

ย 

Enjoy your day in Key West.:cool:

Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory is a must. Cheap and they offer discounts if you bring your military ID card. Go early to avoid the crowds. The butterflies are calmer and may land on you when there are less people around. They are located less than a block away from the Southern Most Beach Cafรฉ which offers a nice lunch or afternoon drink on the beach.

Thanks for the info. I think we're probably just going to walk around there ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

ย 

Me ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย 

I think you have probably made a wise decision for your first visit.

ย 

So many people try to do too many things in a short visit and there is no way you can see Key West in such a short period of time.

ย 

Just disembark, walk Duval St. maybe catch the lighthouse or southernmost point, the Hemingway Home, Mel Fisher museum etc.

ย 

Take it easy and enjoy Key West, most folks want to come back on a land vacation.

ย 

Mike:)