Promotional Brochure from UK Travel Agency

Haworth

Refurbished? When?

This is not simply advertising speak, it just plain lying IMO.

Know your facts before hurling accusations of lying! From the Azamara press release you can read of many improvements made: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/news-press-releases/2013-01-14/azamara-journey-exits-sembawang-shipyard-new-look-and-refreshed-space

All new furniture on the verandas; nearly every chair replaced or reupholstered; and who knows what below the surface and for the crew. Quest spent two weeks in drydock in October 2012 (we spent the next three cruises onboard) and Journey the following winter--more than a year before the Oceania R-ships were scheduled for refurbishing.

Apart from the obvious refurb to the guest area's the crew also benefitted. They had a new crew bar and their quarters also had an upgrade, particularly the Captain's quarter's. The ship hull was also repainted.

So NOT LYING at all.

Getting back on track, AI either means artificial insemination, or in most cases where pretty much every drink is included if made with non-premium spirits and all food, activities, except for motorised water-sports.

We received the above in the post today, "readers" of the forum may have seen a simmilar "offer"

The front cover states more inclusive benefits including ALL drinks, the T&C's only clarify this with the following statement:

"More inclusive drinks package may exclude some finest/vintage brands and champagne"

It is my view that unless the on board offer has changed since we last sailed Azamara then this brochure is at best miss-leading or have I got it wrong?

Thanks for your comments. ACC has excellent relationships with its UK travel agency partners, and has a process in place for advertisements to be checked by the UK team.

However given the volume of the travel agents in the UK it is inevitable that occasionally some agent will produce promotional material that Azamara has not signed off, and these may be factually inaccurate, i.e stating All Inclusive.

Once these are brought to the attention of the UK office, and the agent is identified, the UK team will make contact to help educate the agent on the right process. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

• 3 weeks later...
Found another one today, an email from the eskimo house links to a deal that is "All Inclusive".

The one reported MAy 29th still has All inclusive on their web site.

Hi Inside, I'll forward this to the UK office.

What do you mean by Eskimo house?

There is an issue that we can't really name any of the culprits against forum rules but they are easy to find not sure why the UK office is missing them.

the latest one is a CruiseCritic sponsered site anyway.

Send an email to Richard Twynam, the UK MD, and let him know. While the office is probably better at riddles than I am, it would be simpler to just tell him the agency name and his staff can work on fixing it.

His email is: rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

And if I omitted saying so earlier, thank you for letting us know!

Send an email to Richard Twynam, the UK MD, and let him know. While the office is probably better at riddles than I am, it would be simpler to just tell him the agency name and his staff can work on fixing it.

His email is: rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

And if I omitted saying so earlier, thank you for letting us know!

THanks, that will simplify the notifications.

Edited by insidecabin

Found another one today, an email from the eskimo house links to a deal that is "All Inclusive".

Using your clue to the website, I checked their Azamara listing. This is how it now reads:

Azamara Club Cruises are now offering a more inclusive luxury club cruise experience that include;

•A selection of complementary wines, spirits and international beers throughout the day*

Looks like their email program and website are out of sync.

Using your clue to the website, I checked their Azamara listing. This is how it now reads:

Azamara Club Cruises are now offering a more inclusive luxury club cruise experience that include;

•A selection of complementary wines, spirits and international beers throughout the day*

Looks like their email program and website are out of sync.

the email links to promo 103 (fill in the *

http://www.*.com/promotion_id103