inexpensive things Dominica

dam64

• 2 weeks later...
Hi looking to doing some very inexpensive things in Dominica any ideas help please?

Another idea if one is a rum drinker.

Take your empty spirit bottle and have it filled straight from the wooden cask indide a shop in town where the knowledgeable locals frequent. But for very little money. Interested?

The rum is not for Whimps :)

Just returned from a port stop in Domenica. The market is fun and interesting, and Roseau, the city, is safe to walk on the streets near the dock (if you dock right downtown - we saw a P&O liner that was docked at a more industrial location - so it depends where you dock). I found a grocery store, a large pale green building, and spent some time looking at the goods available there and the prices - interesting. The river runs rapidly through Roseau, and if I'd had more time, I'd have had a look at that too. I spent some time on the gangway getting off the ship looking down into the clear water, watching the fish - yes, you can see them!

Sit on a terrace near the dock and buy a local beer for $2 and eat a delicious roti for a few bucks more. Watch people, soak in the heat, enjoy where you are.

If you can afford it, pay a taxi driver to drive you to Trafalgar Falls and area. If you get off the ship a little later than most people, you may find a driver who will take a lower fee because he didn't get a fare. We got a 3 hour tour for two people for $100. If you can get a couple more people, that's a really good bargain to see a beautiful natural island. Enjoy! We loved that place.