Cheers??

pbmsmile

So now the Cheers program is cheaper at $37.50 pp for a 7 day...Does that include the gratuity and tax or is that extra? WHAT IS THE TOTAL??? :confused:

The price onboard may be higher and any prices previously advertised will not be honored, should Carnival increase the price on your sailing. The advertised cost does not include the 15% gratuity.

The price changes depending on how many days your cruise is. There is NEVER tax charged on the total package. NEVER. Gratuity is always 15%.

So...

Price of Cheers per day x number of nights of your sailing = subtotal

Subtotal x 15% = price for cheers

Not difficult to figure out.

We purchased the Cheers program on the Pride last week.

Cost was $603.76 for 2 people. This includes the cost and the 15% tip.

While the ship is still in United States water you are charge the applicable sales tax.

While tip is included a tipped an extra $1.00 regularly.

I will probably not purchase the Cheers program again because I couldn't drink enough to get the value. I am not a big drinker and 2 to 3 beers is more than enough.

Just asking... Not planning to do it because we're not sailing with friends... Really scared to ask but.....what's to keep someone from sharing a few drinks with friends? We never drink at all but sometimes a table mate will share their wine with us because it was included for them and they can't drink it all.

Tax is charged until you leave your home port.

We do the four day out of Long Beach. Catalina and Long Beach are both part of Los Angeles county. Never been charged tax on beverages when anchored off of Catalina.

Just asking... Not planning to do it because we're not sailing with friends... Really scared to ask but.....what's to keep someone from sharing a few drinks with friends? We never drink at all but sometimes a table mate will share their wine with us because it was included for them and they can't drink it all.

You have to wait 5 minutes between individual drink orders. If they catch you sharing they will cancel your Cheers package.

Purchasing an entire bottle of wine is a different story.

Tax is charged until you leave your home port.

We do the four day out of Long Beach. Catalina and Long Beach are both part of Los Angeles county. Never been charged tax on beverages when anchored off of Catalina.

Tax is charged per drink at the time of drink purchase when applicable, not on the entire package at the time of that purchase.

Edited by irishnyc

We have to buy the package on either day 1 or day 2 correct? If we buy on day 2 we will only be charged for 6 days?? I am just trying to budget. We are still not sure this is a $$ saver for us. I am not a huge drinker but I like the idea of getting to try whatever drink I want and then if I don't like it I can just leave it and move onto the next. My hubby will get his moneys worth I think :p

We have to buy the package on either day 1 or day 2 correct? If we buy on day 2 we will only be charged for 6 days?? I am just trying to budget. We are still not sure this is a $$ saver for us. I am not a huge drinker but I like the idea of getting to try whatever drink I want and then if I don't like it I can just leave it and move onto the next. My hubby will get his moneys worth I think :p

Buy day 1 or 2. You will be charged for the days you use it.

. I am not a huge drinker but I like the idea of getting to try whatever drink I want and then if I don't like it I can just leave it and move onto the next. My hubby will get his moneys worth I think :p

I was in the same position except my wife is the drinker. My advice would be to budget the $600.00 for drinks and set that as your limit. If found myself drinking a beer just to get my money's worth. I would rather of had a soda, coffee or water.

So now the Cheers program is cheaper at $37.50 pp for a 7 day...Does that include the gratuity and tax or is that extra? WHAT IS THE TOTAL??? :confused:

YES $37.50 x 7 = $262.50 ---> with gratuity = $301.88 TOTAL (per each person in the stateroom)

Change the number of nights your cruise is in the COLUMN H box and this will reflect what you need to drink to break even as well as the cost at the bottom. Also remember EVERYONE in the stateroom must purchase the package.

CHEERS! :D

CHEERS 2014 breakdown.xls

Edited by wiskt

If they catch you sharing they will cancel your Cheers package.

While nominally that may make sense, in reality they will just tell you that it is not allowed and then walk away, per witnessing this very issue last week.

I was in the same position except my wife is the drinker. My advice would be to budget the $600.00 for drinks and set that as your limit. If found myself drinking a beer just to get my money's worth. I would rather of had a soda, coffee or water.

I have never understood this way of thinking (no offence intended here :)). It just doesn't make any sense to me. Once I purchase the package, the money is gone. So whether I drink enough to make the plan pay off or not, my cost is the same. To me it would make no sense to drink something I didn't want just to make sure I “got my money’s worth.” I think it is important to analyze your expected consumption so you can make a good choice about buying the Cheers package or not. I think once you've purchased it, you should just have what you want and not focus on making it pay off.

Just my opinion.

Tim

If you buy on Day 2, then you will only be charged for 6 days.

But then any drinks you purchased on Day 1 will be charged a la carte.

Are you sure this is still the case since the restructured pricing? I have read conflicting reports on this matter.

We sail from Miami, first stop Key West. If we purchase in port in Miami, we are charged tax. Technically, we do not leave US waters as our first stop is Key West. Will we be charged taxes if purchased after departing Miami and before arriving in Key West?

You are not charged tax in the entire package. Ever. Never ever ever. You will be charged package + 15%. Then while you are in US waters you will be charged appropriate tax on each individual drink you order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure this is still the case since the restructured pricing? I have read conflicting reports on this matter.

If purchased day 2 you pay for remaining days of cruise.

Drinks consumed the first day will not be rolled into Cheers unless you purchase on day 1.

What is the conflicting reports you are reading?

If purchased day 2 you pay for remaining days of cruise.

Drinks consumed the first day will not be rolled into Cheers unless you purchase on day 1.

What is the conflicting reports you are reading?

I read a couple post that when the went to get cheers day 2 they were charged for all 7 days $301.

I like that fact you can buy on day 2 and was hoping that was still the case, just at a reduced fee of $258 for 6 days.

I don't know maybe they were on a 8 day cruise and I might of misunderstood.

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beverage#q-1270134

What is the "Cheers Beverage Program"?

CHEERS! Beverage Package

Using the CHEERS! beverage package, guests can enjoy a wide variety of wine, beer and spirits (including cocktails and frozen drinks), along with sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails throughout the voyage at one convenient flat rate plus tax and a 15% gratuity added at the time the package is purchased.

3 day $55 per person/per day

4 day $45 per person/per day

5 and 6 day $42.50 per person/per day

7 days and longer $37.50 per person/per day

Prices are subject to change and price adjustments (up or down) implemented on the day of sailing will replace any previously advertised price.

The following restrictions apply:• Package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage – it is not sold on a per day basis

• CHEERS! is only sold to guests 21 years of age and older and agree not to give to minors

• Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the package

• Only one drink at a time may be ordered using CHEERS! - sharing is not permitted

• Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the CHEERS! package and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest’s Sail and Sign account

• Package allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served any additional alcoholic drinks

• Package allows for unlimited soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktail

• Carnival reserves the right to refuse service for any reason

• Applicable state and local taxes will be charged to the guest folio when this package is used within US waters. The tax is based on the particular state’s tax structure and the cost of the individual drink purchased (not the daily package rate). For example: if the drink price is $5 and the tax is 10%, the guest’s Sail & Sign card will be charged $0.50 for tax. This applies to all US ports (embarkation home ports and ports-of-call)

• Due to Texas State laws, CHEERS! will not be offered until the second day of the cruise for voyages departing from our Texas home ports. In this case, please know the daily rate will be based on the full cruise duration price but only charged from day 2 forward. Guests may purchase drinks in the usual manner.

• Package not available for purchase on cruises sailing from Australia

• Package is non-refundable

:rolleyes:

I read a couple post that when the went to get cheers day 2 they were charged for all 7 days $301.

I like that fact you can buy on day 2 and was hoping that was still the case, just at a reduced fee of $258 for 6 days.

I don't know maybe they were on a 8 day cruise and I might of misunderstood.

I think people were charged exactly what they asked for. If you are on a 7 day cruise and buy on day 2 you are charged for 6 days. I can't see Carnival opening themselves up for a massive class action law suit by attempting to charge people for days they do not use. Even if they offered to roll the first day drinks into the program someone on some ship is going to turn around and prove they only drank $x amount and Carnival is attempting to charge them $y amount for the day. :cool:

Can you imagine some of the people on here allowing such a thing? :rolleyes::p