Beach Bonfire

denas

When I first read through this, it seemed that food/snacks would be provided. I guess they only provide the marshmallows and rum swizzles.

Guided Walk: Stroll through King’s Wharf and past the Royal Naval Dockyard while learning about Bermuda’s history and culture.

Snorkel Park Beach: Relax along the shore at a festive bonfire bash and enjoy complimentary rum swizzles, Bermuda’s national cocktail.

Free Time: Watch the sunset, roast marshmallows in a bonfire, dance to DJ music, or dine on authentic island delicacies.

I was in Bermuda last week on the Breakaway and the snorkel park bonfire nights were a disappointment. We docked Wednesday and showed up past 10 on Wednesday night and was told it was $10 to enter a cheesy nightclub which was empty and to come back Thursday night from 7 to 10 PM for a free bonfire, free entry and hamburgers and hotdogs on the beach. We came back Thursday night and there was no bonfire, we could enter for free but it was a nightclub atmosphere and again it was pretty much empty. No one seemed to know about a bonfire.

I was in Bermuda last week on the Breakaway and the snorkel park bonfire nights were a disappointment. We docked Wednesday and showed up past 10 on Wednesday night and was told it was $10 to enter a cheesy nightclub which was empty and to come back Thursday night from 7 to 10 PM for a free bonfire, free entry and hamburgers and hotdogs on the beach. We came back Thursday night and there was no bonfire, we could enter for free but it was a nightclub atmosphere and again it was pretty much empty. No one seemed to know about a bonfire.

The bonfire is on Monday nights. Sounds like they got their day wrong

At 10 PM the bonfire is over and it switches to a nightclub that is a $10 per person admission. But when we were there two weeks ago we didn't see the bonfire. Hopefully as summer progresses the activities will pick up. Snorkel park is definitely the least of the attractions on the island though. Walk-through and check it out during the day but it's definitely not the best place to go to the beach.

• 2 months later...