hook bracelet - buy on line

kasil

On my next visit, my excursions may not leave much time for shopping and I'd like to get a hook bracelet. I've looked on line at various web sites. I've looked at the original by Sonya, but there are others out there. Any experience - good or bad - with buying on line? Anywhere else I should shop in person if I do have time while I'm in port? Thanks for the help.

You have to make sure you know what you're looking at because online and catalog pictures can be so misleading. The jewelry online and in catalogs often looks bigger than what it is so you have to pay very close attention to the measurements and convert metric to U.S. measurements.

Hook bracelets are priced by amount of silver so the thicker the bracelet the higher the price. Some of the finishing may not be good quality - with rough edges or dark spots on the silver.

You also need to know your size. Hook bracelets aren't adjustable.

I prefer to buy in person obviously. :-)

On my next visit, my excursions may not leave much time for shopping and I'd like to get a hook bracelet. I've looked on line at various web sites. I've looked at the original by Sonya, but there are others out there. Any experience - good or bad - with buying on line? Anywhere else I should shop in person if I do have time while I'm in port? Thanks for the help.

Sonya from Christiansted makes the original hook bracelet. They do have a web site, and I am sure it is not misleading. You can get an idea of prices and sizes. Just google sonya hook bracelet.

They do have a representative in one of the vendor tents along the street (not in the park by the fort), it is only maybe a 10 minute walk from the pier, so you will have time. I have gotten 2 hook bracelets from here, service and quality has always been superb.

I bought my last one at SB Jewelers in Sunny Isle because they give a locals discount but I also own 2 from Sonya that are great. I would never recommend you buy one online, too much chance of it not fitting.

Easton and Ms411 have given great advice, check the tents on the water front and buy a good one that fits right.

On line isn't ideal, but I'm trying to find an alternative just in case I don't get to a store. The sites I've looked at have detailed directions for sizing; I wouldn't order from one that doesn't have a good return policy. I was hoping to get some recommendations from people who have had good experiences in person. Any recommendations besides Sonya?

On line isn't ideal, but I'm trying to find an alternative just in case I don't get to a store. The sites I've looked at have detailed directions for sizing; I wouldn't order from one that doesn't have a good return policy. I was hoping to get some recommendations from people who have had good experiences in person. Any recommendations besides Sonya?

Check the tents on the waterfront. Plenty of hooks to be found there.

• 3 weeks later...

You have gotten great advice but I will add mine for another alternative. My husband bought mine from St John Bracelet Company. Love it...size was correct but I didn't like how it fit with my other bracelets so they remade it 3/8" bigger for me (I only had to pay the shipping back which was not that much). Husband doesn't wear jewelry but was so impressed with mine that he decided he would like one, ordered his for Christmas 2014 and it fit perfect. They were wonderful to deal with and I highly recommend. I chose them over Sonya because I just liked the hammered silver look a little better. I wear it almost everyday and it still looks wonderful. I have the silver and gold and husband's is the silver only.

• 3 weeks later...