Parking Cape Liberty, NJ

CarolZaga

My sister, my disabled husband and I will be sailing out of Cape Liberty on Celebrity's Summit on June 26th. Our plan is to drive from Massachusetts to Cape Liberty and park at the terminal for the 7-day cruise to Bermuda. After doing some research, I just learned that RCI's Anthem of the Seas will be departing Cape Liberty the day before we depart. Therefore, we are a bit concerned about the availability of parking given the passenger size of the Anthem. We plan on arriving at Cape Liberty around 10:00 a.m. Do you think that parking would be available for us in the garage and if not in the garage at the surface lot, especially in light of the Anthem passengers who will use the parking terminal the day before we depart? Is it too big a risk to take parking at the Cape Liberty lot? Or does it make more sense to drive down the day before and stay at a cruise and park hotel in NJ near the cruise terminal. I would appreciate any comments and/or suggestion from CC members familiar with Cape Liberty parking.

My sister, my disabled husband and I will be sailing out of Cape Liberty on Celebrity's Summit on June 26th. Our plan is to drive from Massachusetts to Cape Liberty and park at the terminal for the 7-day cruise to Bermuda. After doing some research, I just learned that RCI's Anthem of the Seas will be departing Cape Liberty the day before we depart. Therefore, we are a bit concerned about the availability of parking given the passenger size of the Anthem. We plan on arriving at Cape Liberty around 10:00 a.m. Do you think that parking would be available for us in the garage and if not in the garage at the surface lot, especially in light of the Anthem passengers who will use the parking terminal the day before we depart? Is it too big a risk to take parking at the Cape Liberty lot? Or does it make more sense to drive down the day before and stay at a cruise and park hotel in NJ near the cruise terminal. I would appreciate any comments and/or suggestion from CC members familiar with Cape Liberty parking.

There have been no problems with the amount of parking available at Cape Liberty. The garage has 900 spaces and there is plenty of open lot parking. Personally I found the open lot parking to be easier than the garage. No waiting for elevators or circling around the floors to get in or out. You should be fine arriving at 10 am.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off Summit Sunday and the roof was empty as well as several spots on deck 3 and 4.

Disabled parking might be on the bottom floor. It was blocked off, but if you have a handicapped tag they might direct you there. Sorry I'm not sure.

Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Remember there will be 2000 passengers disembarking Summit shortly before you arrive. All things being equal they should vacate enough parking spots to accommodate everyone on your sailing. If you arrive at 10am you will be well ahead of the crowd and will be in great shape.

If you want to park in the deck, do you need to drop your luggage (and passengers) at the curb, then park, or can you park first, then check in your luggage with a porter in/near the parking deck (if available)?

The consensus seems to be that you should drop your luggage and passengers first unless you plan to wheel all your luggage back to the porters. When you see how close the garage is, you can decide if that's a viable option for your group.

The consensus seems to be that you should drop your luggage and passengers first unless you plan to wheel all your luggage back to the porters. When you see how close the garage is, you can decide if that's a viable option for your group.

Too bad there's no way to drop the luggage in the deck. It would make it so much easier. Looks like the best way is to drop luggage and passengers curbside, then park.

My sister, my disabled husband and I will be sailing out of Cape Liberty on Celebrity's Summit on June 26th. Our plan is to drive from Massachusetts to Cape Liberty and park at the terminal for the 7-day cruise to Bermuda.

You will have no problem.

You are on our sailing, stop by our roll call if you get a chance.

Going to be a great cruise.

I took a ride to Cape Liberty today. Around noon, there was probably a 1/4 mile or more back up at the terminal (two lanes wide). Anthem was in port. Looked like at least 20 to 30 minutes delay to get to the terminal.

I wonder if they ever did a study to determine what % of the passengers drive and park, get dropped off, take shuttles, or use cab/car service to this terminal?

I took a ride to Cape Liberty today. Around noon, there was probably a 1/4 mile or more back up at the terminal (two lanes wide). Anthem was in port. Looked like at least 20 to 30 minutes delay to get to the terminal.

I wonder if they ever did a study to determine what % of the passengers drive and park, get dropped off, take shuttles, or use cab/car service to this terminal?

Who knows if they did studies. Even if they did, they didn't implement anything the studies would have shown. All that money to build a fancy garage with no direct access to bypass the drop off! Garage is great, but the traffic backs up there because there are two guys on level 2 collecting money or running charge cards car by car. No online option to prepay or use Ezpass.

It also backs up because everyone has to sit in those two lanes whether dropping off luggage or headed to the terminal. There also is no designated bus or van lane. Buses have to sit in that same line to get to the bus zone. I sure hope they did not pay the folks who studied or designed this very much. I think Cape Liberty traffic flow has become worse. hey should have studied how they do it in Baltimore.

• 1 month later...

It's been a few years since I've sailed from Cape Liberty and it sounds like there have been some changes. Is the parking garage connected to the terminal (or tents as they used to be)? Did they build a proper terminal? Is a bus still required from the terminal to the ship? Thanks.

It's been a few years since I've sailed from Cape Liberty and it sounds like there have been some changes. Is the parking garage connected to the terminal (or tents as they used to be)? Did they build a proper terminal? Is a bus still required from the terminal to the ship? Thanks.

They have built a new terminal next to where the ship docks along the pier. As you face the water the new parking garage is just to the left of the new terminal. There is a connecting sidewalk that does not require crossing traffic lanes to walk to the terminal. There is no more bus required.

They have built a new terminal next to where the ship docks along the pier. As you face the water the new parking garage is just to the left of the new terminal. There is a connecting sidewalk that does not require crossing traffic lanes to walk to the terminal. There is no more bus required.

Great, Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...