Service charges - interesting!

jeanlyon

Just had a new Fred Olsen brochure through the door. 2018 sailings all have tips included. My guess is this is the way it will go with all lines soon. we sailed with Fred in January and tips were included on that as well.

I guess P&O management would only consider change if it improved their profits. I thought as a Carnival cruise line they would have to follow company policy and continue with the awful, unfit for purpose American system but of course P&O Oz include tips in the fare and Costa itemize it but you can't change the amount. This means there is no technical reason why it could not be changed.

I wonder why Fred are changing?

I don't know, but last year on some cruises Fred was doing "Tips and Tipples" included which is what ours was in January. Perhaps their feedback said that passengers liked it. So now all cruises have tips included. I'm sure the price has probably been put up slightly, but it has to be the way to go. Just say it's a service charge which it is. If that happens then everyone will be back to envelopes!!