Intercontinental or Hilton Miami Downtown?

peisahm

Not sure which to choose between the Intercontinental or the Hilton Downtown in Miami; are there better things (restarurants, shopping, etc) within walking distance to one or the other?

Is a cab to POM cheaper from either of these hotels?

rooms nicer, pool nicer, etc????

Help me decide

Thanks, I got the great lastminutetravel rate of $87/night that I read about on this forum :D

Now I just have to find the cheapest way to get from FLL airport to the hotel

Cruise booked, hotel booked, now just the flights and excursions

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, I got the great lastminutetravel rate of $87/night that I read about on this forum :D

Now I just have to find the cheapest way to get from FLL airport to the hotel

Cruise booked, hotel booked, now just the flights and excursions

SAS transportation, $15 pp

If you want a great restaurant, I can highly recommend "Puntino's". It's a little Italian restaurant a block from the hotel. The food is outstanding, authentic Italian (not Olive Garden stuff) and very reasonably priced. I'd skip the "touristy" restaurants at Bayside (across the street from IC). It's literally a 3 minute walk to Puntino's and you won't regret it.

Here's a link. You can take a look at their menu:

http://www.puntinodowntown.com/

• 4 years later...

For location, Intercontinental, for nice heated pool area Hilton. We stayed at the Hilton Downtown Miami post cruise for 3 nights Dec 28-31 so paid a premium price. We reserved way too late. My sister paid less than 200$ a night at the Intercontinental but it was 600$ by the time I went to reserve. (We're both teachers so can only travel at Peak times) Liked the Hilton itself - excellent service, well heated pool (not so easy to find), Starbucks beverages and pastries available for purchase in the morning. My sister was at the Intercontinental Hotel and that location was much better considering it was beside the Bayside Market and Mall - she didn't try out the pool so I don't know if it was heated. I took the free elevated rail system from the Hilton to Bayside - it was OK but a 5$ cab ride is quicker and I think safer. We did walk back to our hotel one night (10-20 min) from Bayside and were leary at first but we ended up feeling quite safe.