Flights at Christmas

doxie2cruise

When, specifically, are you flying? If it's Christmas Day, yes, maybe a little pricey, but won't expect it to go down. If your flight is in the days immediately before or after Christmas Day, well, I would never expect any fares to go down for those very busy travel days.

Edit: just re-read your post. Is that $1300 for 2 people? Or per person? If total for 2 people, that is not really pricey, and would buy it.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Hi d2c,

All flights in and around Xmas/New Years are all very expensive this year. The price of my holiday cruise (leaving out of Ft Lauderdale) has dropped three times in the past six days -- I think it's because flights, hotels and land travel are so very expensive this year. Most flights for our time period are all over $1,000 R/T coach, so to answer your question -- compared to coach, your rate looks pretty good.

From 2000 -- 2010 we could fly to FLL in the $285 -- $450 range R/T. Because of all the mergers, the airlines can get a premium these days. They are all finally making money, which is good, but few things in my economy have more than doubled in the past five years.

Interesting to see how this all plays out this year!

Kel:)

The price is for two people first class and this is round trip Dec. 17 and return Dec. 30, 2015. The per-person is about $680. Thanks for all your help in this matter. I'm just afraid of paying too much. I must admit I have not seen this low of price at all.

The price is for two people first class and this is round trip Dec. 17 and return Dec. 30, 2015. The per-person is about $680. Thanks for all your help in this matter. I'm just afraid of paying too much. I must admit I have not seen this low of price at all.

Looks GREAT to me. I would jump on it. Non-stop??

Edited by kelmac

As I said, if it is $1300 for two people, I would buy it.

The only way you know what fares are doing is research. First and Business class fares don't move like Economy class fares, they are far more fixed. Doesn't mean there aren't sales, those tend to occur for off season travel. For example, many airlines will heavily discount Business class airfares to Europe for March and April, as those are very light travel times to Europe from the US.

Thanks for all the advice. I did jump on it. I know in the past I have paid this much same time of year for two of us in economy. These were not non-stop always lay over. Thanks again CruiserBruce and Kelmac.

American Airlines (737 service)? Should be a great flight.

Enjoy!