Affordable and Nice Hotel CLOSE To Port Canaveral

lovetocruise75

If you dont absolutely have to be able to see the ship when you wake up in the morning, I would recommend Cocoa Beach. Just a few miles south of the port and plenty of reasonable, clean places to stay.

Most all of them will have shuttle service to the ship.

I agree with the Cocoa Beach suggestion. I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites and am doing so again in 2 weeks (there are nicer hotels - me, I just want clean and safe). Many of the Cocoa Beach hotels have packages that either will provide all transportation (airport and port) - or have park and stay packages that let you park there - plus shuttle you to the port.

We like the Residence Inn. It is a newer hotel and has a nice breakfast buffet. We couldn't get a room there for our last cruise since we booked late, so we stayed at the Hampton Inn. Hampton Inn is an older hotel near the beach. Lobby and breakfast area were fine, clean and updated. Our room needed updating and had the smell of an old hotel room in a humid climate. It was adequate for a one night precruise stay (plus was free on points) but we wouldn't stay there again unless there was nothing else available.

If you dont absolutely have to be able to see the ship when you wake up in the morning, I would recommend Cocoa Beach. Just a few miles south of the port and plenty of reasonable, clean places to stay.

Most all of them will have shuttle service to the ship.

I agree. We stayed at the Days Inn Cocoa Beach. Nice, clean room and it is right across from the pier/beach.

We stayed at the Days Inn in Cocoa Beach (north atlantic ave.) in January of this year. It was right across the street from the ocean and Cocoa Beach pier which had 4 different restaurants and bars to choose from. We ate at Marlin's and it was great. It was wall to wall windows, so we got to sit and sip a few drinks while waiting for our meal, watching people swimming and surfing. The atmosphere was really nice and the meal was delicious and not that expensive. They had live music playing on the pier, which really set the tone for our cruise.

The hotel itself was older but nice. It was clean and we felt safe enough to go for a stroll that night after our meal. We walked across the street to a Publix grocery store to get our pop & wine to take on the ship. The hotel also has it's own restaurant (can't remember the name) but specialized in beef. It looked nice too. It served a really nice complimentary breakfast every morning, with the usual cold continental breakfast items, but also had scrambled eggs, sausage and hot waffles. It also has a shuttle service to the port for $5.00pp They picked us up at 10:15 am and we were at the port 10 minutes later.

We were there the end of January and we paid $67.00 for the night. We just reserved it again for our December cruise this year and it is still $67.00. If you want a clean and reasonable place to stay I would recommend this place.

P.S. It had a beautiful outdoor heated pool and a coin operated laundry room with I think maybe 2 washers and dryers. We washed and dried our bathing suits there after using the pool so they would be dried for the cruise ship the next day.

I agree with the Cocoa Beach suggestion. I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites and am doing so again in 2 weeks (there are nicer hotels - me, I just want clean and safe). Many of the Cocoa Beach hotels have packages that either will provide all transportation (airport and port) - or have park and stay packages that let you park there - plus shuttle you to the port.

Does anyone know the name of some of these hotels that have the airport & port package? Would like to check on prices. thanks! :)

Does anyone know the name of some of these hotels that have the airport & port package? Would like to check on prices. thanks! :)

http://www.parkingstay.com/p/port-canaveral-area-hotels-view-port.html

Use that link. The top portion is the park and cruise packages - the bottom are the cruise and fly packages.

As I said, I stayed in the Comfort Inn and Suites and am doing so two weeks from today. It was just fine. Close to the beach, clean, close to Walgreens to get all those dang liquids you can't bring on the plane.

Perfect! I had a list like this when we sailed out of Jacksonville and was going to look for one again. will probably go with the comfort inn, lots of good comments and we've never had a problem with other locations, just wanted to check all my options, we can get an employee rate at Hyatts so that's hard to pass up, but want to be closer to the ship than Orlando.

Archived