Oasis Late Dining and Aqua Show or just switch to MTD?

We are currently booked for an August 2018 sailing, We are a party of 6 with 2 13 year olds.

Currently we are booked for the 8pm dinner. 5:30 Seemed so early. My traveling companions like the set time dining because they like to get the same servers every night.

Looking at past cruise compasses it looks like the aqua show times are either 7:30 or 9:30 on the nights they have it.

What did others do to make it to the aqua show who have late dining? The early show would cut into the 8pm dinner and the 9:30 show seems like it is too early to finish dinner and get down to the aqua show to get a seat.

Do others just show up to dinner a bit late or eat fast to get to the 9:30 show? We like the traditional dining and are not fans of a buffet. Just wondering what others did.

If I switched to MTD is it easy to pre book the times you wanted or were times not available when you went to book? I heard of people doing a standing reservation and they get the same table each night with the same servers. How often does that happen?

The Aqua show just seems like it has strange times. All of the other shows have times after 10pm on other nights. This is the only show that seems to conflict with dining.

If you enjoy traditional dining, I would not switch to MTD just to make one show. It's also not a good idea to show up at other than your assigned time in traditional dining. I'd go to Windjammer or a specialty restaurant that night. Also consider the Solarium Bistro, which is free except for a couple of entree choices.

I doubt they have it at 9:30pm when dining starts at 8 pm!

I looked at a Cruise Compass from April same eastern itinerary and the show was at 9:30 and the dinner times were 5:30 and 8. That is what got me thinking in the first place as to what others did.

I looked at a Cruise Compass from April same eastern itinerary and the show was at 9:30 and the dinner times were 5:30 and 8. That is what got me thinking in the first place as to what others did.

This is from 5/14/17 Allure Eastern, Nassau, St Thomas, St Kitts. Not sure why the times are different. If you have show reservations, just inform your waiter and he/she will be sure to get you out on time. You do have to be there 10 minutes before the start of the show as they start letting standby people in.

I just got off an Eastern Caribbean sailing on Oasis and had the exact same concerns as you - show reservations and late dining time. We spoke with a head waiter in the main dining room a few hours before dinner (thinking they may make an exception and let us use MTD for just the one night) but were assured that we would make the show time with our current dinner time.

Still a little nervous, we went to dinner and informed or waiter of our show time and you could tell that they get this concern a lot. He offered to speed up the service in order to make everything work and it did - dinner didn't feel too rushed and we had no problem finding a seat for the aqua show with several minutes to spare. And this was even formal night!

I just got off an Eastern Caribbean sailing on Oasis and had the exact same concerns as you - show reservations and late dining time. We spoke with a head waiter in the main dining room a few hours before dinner (thinking they may make an exception and let us use MTD for just the one night) but were assured that we would make the show time with our current dinner time.

Still a little nervous, we went to dinner and informed or waiter of our show time and you could tell that they get this concern a lot. He offered to speed up the service in order to make everything work and it did - dinner didn't feel too rushed and we had no problem finding a seat for the aqua show with several minutes to spare. And this was even formal night!

Thank you for replying with your experience. I am probably over thinking this. When we were on the Oasis before we had 6pm set dining and it was fine. But now with the time change to 5:30 and 8 it put things in a tizzy. I am leaning more towards MTD now. We have someone in our party in a wheelchair and does not want to be rushed. And getting from the back of the ship to the front of the ship for a show quickly with a wheelchair may be challenging. Ill have to think about this one some more. Or just stop thinking about it and just go with the flow.....lol

Thank you for replying with your experience. I am probably over thinking this. When we were on the Oasis before we had 6pm set dining and it was fine. But now with the time change to 5:30 and 8 it put things in a tizzy. I am leaning more towards MTD now. We have someone in our party in a wheelchair and does not want to be rushed. And getting from the back of the ship to the front of the ship for a show quickly with a wheelchair may be challenging. Ill have to think about this one some more. Or just stop thinking about it and just go with the flow.....lol

Of course! I'm sure whatever you all decide, you'll have a great time! Enjoy. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are currently booked for an August 2018 sailing, We are a party of 6 with 2 13 year olds.

Currently we are booked for the 8pm dinner. 5:30 Seemed so early. My traveling companions like the set time dining because they like to get the same servers every night.

Looking at past cruise compasses it looks like the aqua show times are either 7:30 or 9:30 on the nights they have it.

What did others do to make it to the aqua show who have late dining? The early show would cut into the 8pm dinner and the 9:30 show seems like it is too early to finish dinner and get down to the aqua show to get a seat.

Do others just show up to dinner a bit late or eat fast to get to the 9:30 show? We like the traditional dining and are not fans of a buffet. Just wondering what others did.

I guess they are sticking with the 9:30 show. On both of my Allure cruises it was at 10pm and no problem. I booked the 10pm show on Oasis back in 2016, but found out once onboard it had been moved to 9:30. We also enjoy late traditional dining. We were at a table for 2, you might all be at the same table? We told our waiter up front that we wanted to make that show and would skip dessert if needed. He helped out a lot and asked for our dessert order as he delivered the entre's. It worked out fine for the 2 of us, I'd give dinner a try and see how your waiter accepts your request (if you can alert him/her the day before that might help) and be prepared to miss desserts.

On O class it's very easy to make the shows and not feel rushed. There are many places to eat where you can set a time that works with the shows. It's not necessary to eat in the mdr all the time or at all.

Had the same problem in Feb. Our Aqua Show was cancelled and rescheduled so it worked out. I just can't figure out why they don't set the show schedule with Traditional Dining in mind. If they had made it a 7 pm show it would work perfectly for Late Traditional Dining. Seems the "left hand doesn't talk to the right hand."