Eclipse - Bed Configurations

Sea Lavender

Hi folks,

Bit of a long shot but.... Would anybody know the cabin / bed configuration on the Eclipse, please? Would the run of order be the same on each deck?

Whilst on Harmony last year, the balcony side cabin doors were all open when we first boarded so it was easy to see the configuration of beds as we walked along the corridor.

I really dislike the bed being near the bathroom / front of the cabin as some cabins depending on ship etc, give you little room and I prefer to have the sofa / T.V. area near the bathroom instead. Each to their own hey? :)

Cheers & thanks

As I understand it the deck plans give the hint. If you have the little black triangle/rectangle on the room then there is a drop down etc additional bed.... then the permanent bed will be next to the bathroom. No symbol and the configuration will have the bed by the balcony - which is what I prefer. Look on your ship CC info and there might be a "sticky list" with room comments too and that might help.

You can tell by viewing the deck plans. If a cabin has a fold out sofa bed, then the bed is by the bath because all fold out sofa beds and/or upper berths are always by the balcony on the S-Class ships. Once you locate a stateroom with this configuration, you just count up or down as they alternate -- bed by bath/balcony/bath/balcony/bath, etc.

Another way to check is to look at corresponding staterooms on the port/starboard. If the starboard side stateroom has the bed by the bath, the port side stateroom will have the bed by the balcony. For example, 1606 has the bed by the bath, and the corresponding stateroom on the Port side, 1601, has the bed by the balcony.

Another way is to check corresponding staterooms on a particular side of the ship as they are all mirror images. On the Port side deck 9 staterooms are the same on decks 8, 7, and 6. Same for the Starboard side, up and down.

Ah wonderful - thanks so much for your help. Our cabin is in-between cabins with triangles so I gather its by the bathroom hey-ho. Next time I'll remember to check first.

Cheers & thanks

If your cabin has no symbols, your bed is at the balcony.

If your cabin has no symbols, your bed is at the balcony.

That is not necessarily true. There are many cabins on the deck plans without symbols, but the bed position still alternates. Sometimes you need to count every other one.

Another good source to check is the the following CC thread for bed placement on the S class ships.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

That is not necessarily true. There are many cabins on the deck plans without symbols, but the bed position still alternates. Sometimes you need to count every other one.

I was referring to what the OP stated...she said their cabin was between two that had symbols. She thought that room would have the bed by the bathroom. That would be wrong..in her case. She will be happy.

Ah wonderful - thanks so much for your help. Our cabin is in-between cabins with triangles so I gather its by the bathroom hey-ho. Next time I'll remember to check first.

Cheers & thanks

The two cabins with triangles have the bed by the bathroom. If yours is in between the two triangled staterooms, then that in between stateroom has the bed by the balcony.

BTW, what is your stateroom number -- then I can tell you for sure where the bed is located.

• 2 weeks later...

Another question on beds - in the Sky Suites, how do they manage to set up the beds as twins with the ceiling support poles I see next to the bed in some of the pictures. It almost seems that you could roll out of bed right into one of them even with the bed set up as a queen. There would be minimal space to separate the beds. Thank you.