Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 09

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, February 23 and Sunday, March 1.

During the past month, we enjoyed many great sights and experiences during a cruise experiences from the Amazon River and Caribbean areas. Loved those temperatures in the 80'sF, plus with lots of sun, refreshing breezes, etc.

Then, there was the "COLD REALITY" for coming back to the "real world". From Monday, here are two of my visuals from out of our airplane window as we approached the Columbus airport in snowy Ohio.

More snow coming here later today and Sunday. Sadly, winter is NOT over for many long-suffering residents in the USA and Canada.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing over 26 days on the Silversea Silver Cloud, here is the link below to that series of posts on my live/blog. Lots of great visuals from the Amazon and these various Caribbean Islands, plus many food pictures, etc. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at over 16,840 views for these postings.

Here are two "fun" (in my mind) visual images that I captured from my seat window with my iPhone as our Delta A330 was in final approach for our Port Columbus airport. In the second picture, you can see the shadow of the plane on the ground. Proof that the sun was shining very brightly on Monday afternoon!:

SanJuanA52_zps8m21gk8e.jpg

SanJuanA53_zpsgqe877gp.jpg

Hey, all your roads are cleared! We're three days out and still waiting on Mother Nature (and your sunshine) to finish clearing ours.:rolleyes:

dileep: Raptors

YES' date=' for our North Carolina friend, [b']winter is still with us[/b]. We are getting 3-6" more of that white stuff here in Central Ohio today. Will be very glad when spring gets here.

Appreciate so much the wonderful raptor pictures from dileep. Love the character and style of those birds, the owls, etc. Wonderful to be so close and personal with these creatures.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 100,289 views for this posting.

Edited by TLCOhio

I like filling our many bird feeders at our ravine, wooded home setting. But, the squirrels??? One per person suggested getting the Yankee Flipper bird feeders. Nice idea, but they get kind of pricy. Below are a couple of visuals for how our squirrels were super busy this morning working on my BIRD feeders. These squirrels are not shy or subtle.

Plus a memory from a week ago while in San Juan after our Amazon River-Caribbean cruising. Ah, to be back where it is warm!!??

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing over 26 days, here is the link below to that series of posts on my live/blog. Lots of great visuals from the Amazon and these various Caribbean Islands, etc. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 17,273 views for these postings.

Here are two visuals this morning for how "our" squirrels were busy doing their "cheating" to get their meals from the bird feeders. That one feeder is supposed to be "squirrel protected", but our creatures are too aggressive, brainy and creative for how they use the tree, hangers, etc., to twist and turn to get their treats. Cute squirrel??:

SanJuanA2_zpsisxzg4xw.jpg

SanJuanA3_zpspwgfvuvx.jpg

For "old-times" memory fun from a week ago, here was the roof-top pool at our apartment hotel in the Miramar area of San Juan where we stayed for three days after our cruise. Nice neighborhood location with great views, etc. Need these "warm thoughts" to deal with the cold and snow now facing Central Ohio.:

SanJuanA1_zps0bqpvrnw.jpg

Well, since it's "picture" of the week and not "photograph" - I submit my progress on the bathroom remodel - hence why no photograph's lately :0

You got the concept correct! Many of my photos are pretty mundane if the week was busy or slow but sticking to the idea of remembering to use the camera at least weekly is the point of the exercise!

Good luck on the remodel as well! Been doing those on our house since we bought it in the '70s! :)

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
I like filling our many bird feeders at our ravine, wooded home setting. But, the squirrels??? One per person suggested getting the Yankee Flipper bird feeders. Nice idea, but they get kind of pricy. Below are a couple of visuals for how our squirrels were super busy this morning working on my BIRD feeders. These squirrels are not shy or subtle.

Plus a memory from a week ago while in San Juan after our Amazon River-Caribbean cruising. Ah, to be back where it is warm!!??

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing over 26 days, here is the link below to that series of posts on my live/blog. Lots of great visuals from the Amazon and these various Caribbean Islands, etc. Check it out at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 17,273 views for these postings.

Here are two visuals this morning for how "our" squirrels were busy doing their "cheating" to get their meals from the bird feeders. That one feeder is supposed to be "squirrel protected", but our creatures are too aggressive, brainy and creative for how they use the tree, hangers, etc., to twist and turn to get their treats. Cute squirrel??:

SanJuanA2_zpsisxzg4xw.jpg

SanJuanA3_zpspwgfvuvx.jpg

For "old-times" memory fun from a week ago, here was the roof-top pool at our apartment hotel in the Miramar area of San Juan where we stayed for three days after our cruise. Nice neighborhood location with great views, etc. Need these "warm thoughts" to deal with the cold and snow now facing Central Ohio.:

SanJuanA1_zps0bqpvrnw.jpg

The squirrel pictures are my favorite.