Roller coaster-type thingie at Labadee

Pellaz

I haven't seen any recent mentions of this roller coaster but it was shown on a map someone posted of Labadee earlier.

Is it still there? What's it like? What's the cost?

I'll be at Labadee on the Indy as part of the 70K charter cruise in February -- it's our one and only port-stop -- and I'm curious about it.

Yes...it's still there. I don't know the price, but it's not a typical rollercoaster. It's smaller cars that you can "brake" on your own, to slow or speed your descent.... They've changed the pricing structure in the last year or so...

RCL was offering this excursion at a discount online today as part of their Black Friday sail. I "grabbed" our zipline excursion for this port at 20% off. Every bit helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When we sail on smaller ships, like the Freedom, we are able to purchase an unlimited ride package.

This was not offered when we sailed on the Oasis or the Allure due to the increase in cruisers......we could only book a one time ride.

It is done nice, pricey, but what isn't, and it is done nice.

Enjoy, we did.

I don't know the price, but it's not a typical rollercoaster. It's smaller cars that you can "brake" on your own, to slow or speed your descent....

Yes, that's what I remembered from the YouTube videos I'd seen before. It's called an "alpine-style" in roller-coaster parlance.

RCL was offering this excursion at a discount online today as part of their Black Friday sail. I "grabbed" our zipline excursion for this port at 20% off. Every bit helps!

Cool. How much was it?

We won't be able to book excursions until two or three weeks before our sail-date, which is when the charter operator sends our booking info over to Royal.

When we sail on smaller ships, like the Freedom, we are able to purchase an unlimited ride package.

This was not offered when we sailed on the Oasis or the Allure due to the increase in cruisers......we could only book a one time ride.

It is done nice, pricey, but what isn't, and it is done nice.

Enjoy, we did.

How much was a one-time ride?

We'll be on Independence, so maybe we'll be able to book a full-day pass. On the other hand, we'll be sailing way above normal capacity due to the nature of the charter -- lots of triples and quads taken. It's THE biggest-drinking cruise in the world. :eek::D