Coco Cay Beach Loungers

TNcrzr4life

Hi! DH and I are looking at reserving a beach lounger on Coco. I cannot tell if they are in a good area. Would like to be on a quiet nice beach. Is this the way to go or is there another area that is better? DH needs shade so maybe a hammock in the trees? Thanks for the help[emoji3]

We liked the beach loungers. You have to take a tram to the beach as it bit away from the main areas. It wasn't crowded at all. They bring you back to the main area via the tram at lunch if you like. We thought it was worth it and would do it again. There is a bar right at the beach so that is nice!. Here are some pics.

25010499216_fa9e467b6d_c.jpgDSCN1731 by Scott, on Flickr

24410005613_c64564456f_c.jpgDSCN1729 by Scott, on Flickr

24741292240_22ca2caae3_c.jpgDSCN1708 by Scott, on Flickr

Where did you see that you could reserve a beach lounger? I've never seen this before? There are hammocks available first come, first served on the back part of the island that would have the shade you might need. They are all nice beaches. As for "quiet" that is open to interpretation-if you mean secluded-there are none.

Where did you see that you could reserve a beach lounger? I've never seen this before? There are hammocks available first come, first served on the back part of the island that would have the shade you might need. They are all nice beaches. As for "quiet" that is open to interpretation-if you mean secluded-there are none.

I'm thinking these must be what used to be called "cabinettes" at the Barefoot Beach area.

"Beach Loungers" can be reserved on the excursions page and according to the RCCL website include the following:

Highlights:

• Seaside Seclusion: Soak up the Caribbean sun and relax in the comfort of your own beachside lounger for two.

• Personal Attendant: Unwind by the shore at your leisure with the help of your friendly and devoted beach attendant.

• Included Amenities: Your Beach Lounger package includes 2 beach mats, 2 bottles of water, a fruit plate, towels and transportation.

49.99 total for two of us. Not sure I recall getting a fruit plate, but we got everything else. Nice to not have to carry our towels off the ship.

Thanks for all the advice. I was talking about the pkg loungers. They were called cabinettes or clamshells. DD and I did them years ago but they were sitting on a rocky shelf with sand. Looks like they have moved them. Yay! Thanks for the pics Scott. Very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was at Coco Cay last month and had a cabinette. Would do it again in a heartbeat. The woman who over saw the area would yell at people who thought they could just plop down at one. It made me feel kind of important when she told them they were only for VIPs [emoji38]. Only downside to the area was there was a ton of plants in the water that smelled like raw sewage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

question - I've read tons of posts about this but still confused. if we don't want to rent the cabanette or cabana for $250 or $50 - we can go to one of the other beaches and rent beach chairs - maybe in shade, maybe not? How much are those? What is the likelihood we will get 7 of those together?

Which is the best area of the island for swimming but also less seaweed? We don't mind some shallow water for the younger one, but also want some swimming area.

question - I've read tons of posts about this but still confused. if we don't want to rent the cabanette or cabana for $250 or $50 - we can go to one of the other beaches and rent beach chairs - maybe in shade, maybe not? How much are those? What is the likelihood we will get 7 of those together?

Which is the best area of the island for swimming but also less seaweed? We don't mind some shallow water for the younger one, but also want some swimming area.

If you don't get a cabana or a cabanette / clamshell, you just pick a lounge chair and sit in it, move it where you want it. If you get on an early tender and go straight to the beach you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a bunch in close proximity. If you don't find any close together, find ones that aren't and move them so they are close together. You do not need to "rent" them, they are there to use free.

• 2 months later...

Last time I was on Coco Cay, these were on the side of the island opposite of the docks. They were also at the "end of the road" if you were walking around the shoreline.

Here are my questions...

Are there bathrooms over there now?

The excursion explanation says an attendant will bring you lunch? Is there a special lunch over there, do they go to the buffet and get it, or is there a menu from which one can order for a charge?

They also advertise beach mats, but as I recall, the water over there is pretty shallow, is it deep enough to float?

Thanks

• 5 months later...

I will be in cococay February 2017. Are the clamshell deals still available somewhere? It's not on RCCL's cruiseplanner website. Do I need to reserve these on the ship? Have they done away with the clamshells completely?

I'm mostly interested in it for the fruit plate, honestly.

It's no issue to get a couple bottles of water from the ship (have non-alcoholic drink package) and bring our towels. If only we could also bring some fruit from the windjammer onto the island for snacking.

I'm assuming this is forbidden to take any food off the ship, including to a private island?

I will be in cococay February 2017. Are the clamshell deals still available somewhere? It's not on RCCL's cruiseplanner website. Do I need to reserve these on the ship? Have they done away with the clamshells completely?

I'm mostly interested in it for the fruit plate, honestly.

It's no issue to get a couple bottles of water from the ship (have non-alcoholic drink package) and bring our towels. If only we could also bring some fruit from the windjammer onto the island for snacking.

I'm assuming this is forbidden to take any food off the ship, including to a private island?

The clamshells/beach loungers should be listed on your cruise planner. We'll be at Coco Cay in a few weeks and on our cruise planner currently, the clamshells are now called Beach Lounger for Two which are $45. Each lounger (there are two of them) accommodates 2 guests so you only need to reserve 1 beach lounger for every 2 guests. They no longer come with any fruit, water or beach mats. You can get plenty of fruit on the island from the luncheon buffet.