Booking excursions on line. Paying on board?

josumello

Is it possible to book/reserve excursions online and then pay when on board? I ask this because we will have a nice OBC from TA. If not will have to wait and book onboard. Thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi josumello,

Booking online requires a credit card at time of reservation. And if it's a popular tour AND without likelihood of the ship adding an additional start time for overflows (as has occurred), then you'll want to book prior to sailing. I believe, however, that there are cruisers who reserve ship's tours and then cancel a day or 2 before boarding, and are thus able to take advantage of those OBC. I haven't a clue as to who those passengers might be, just know that this occasionally happens :)

The OBC from your travel agent will be refundable. So, if you don't use it, the amount will be credited back to the credit card that you give Azamara while on the cruise. If you have a combination of refundable and non-refundable OBC, the ship uses the non-refundable ones first for any charges that you make. As the previous cruiser said, if it's an excursion that you really want to take, I would book it now so that you are assured of getting it.

The OBC from your travel agent will be refundable. So, if you don't use it, the amount will be credited back to the credit card that you give Azamara while on the cruise. If you have a combination of refundable and non-refundable OBC, the ship uses the non-refundable ones first for any charges that you make. As the previous cruiser said, if it's an excursion that you really want to take, I would book it now so that you are assured of getting it.

Thanks. I was not aware that Azamara would credit our CC with any credit left over. I thoughts TA said use or lose. I will recheck.

Thanks. I was not aware that Azamara would credit our CC with any credit left over. I thoughts TA said use or lose. I will recheck.

Be careful, it could be use or lose, there are two types OBR (refundable) and OBN (non refundable). I would be more inclined to believe what your agent has told you. Your invoice may have the code on it now so you can check.

The nice thing on board is you will be in no doubt as Azamara sends each guest who has on board credit a little letter to their room in the first few days that clearly explains which type you have.

Certainly think about using it for excursions, if they are not excursions that might be very popular but space limited you should be able to book onboard. The excursions people are very flexible at flitting people in whenever they can, right up to the trip leaving

[QUOT E=uktog;43224756]Be careful, it could be use or lose, there are two types OBR (refundable) and OBN (non refundable). I would be more inclined to believe what your agent has told you. Your invoice may have the code on it now so you can check.

The nice thing on board is you will be in no doubt as Azamara sends each guest who has on board credit a little letter to their room in the first few days that clearly explains which type you have.

Certainly think about using it for excursions, if they are not excursions that might be very popular but space limited you should be able to book onboard. The excursions people are very flexible at flitting people in whenever they can, right up to the trip leaving

Thanks. Good info.

Be careful as the TA may say it is coming from the TA but it is also possible it is coming from the cruise line and you were not made aware of that.

Be careful as the TA may say it is coming from the TA but it is also possible it is coming from the cruise line and you were not made aware of that.

It is definitely coming from TA. Cruise line promo was double upgrade.