Difference in Beach Clubs

Iheartcruisin'

Which one would be good for a family with preteens, (12-14)?

How can you get to rum point on your own?

The descriptions of each beach club, with links to their websites, are in one of my previous posts above.

The only way to get to Rum Point is to rent a car or book an excursion that stops there.

I see that RP has an adult only pool. Is there another pool that kids can use?

Not at Royal Palms

How readily available are taxis at all these places? I wouldn't want to be trying to get back to the ship with few options.

I've always seen lots of taxis waiting at each of the beach clubs, but I'm sure if one wasn't evident that the staff would be able to call one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit confused still. Is Sea Grapes the same as Public/Calico Jacks?

I'm not going until Dec but starting all my reading now. I have 3 kids 3,5,7 so just want a fun day out with them. Would Sea Graps, Public of Royal Palms be better option. We will rent a chair with umbrella so we can relax under while watching kids play.

I am in the same boat looking for best place to go with 3and 5 yr old

I'm a bit confused still. Is Sea Grapes the same

as Public/Calico Jacks?

I'm not going until Dec but starting all my reading now. I have 3 kids 3,5,7 so just want a fun day out with them. Would Sea Graps, Public of Royal Palms be better option. We will rent a chair with umbrella so we can relax under while watching kids play.

We were in Grand Cayman last week and went to the ROYAL PALMS and loved it. A very short taxi ride from pier, less than 10 minutes. $2 to enter, I think beach chairs were $5 each, we did not get umbrellas. We ate there and quality of food and drinks were really good. Condition of property was really good, pool nice and hardly anyone in it. My teenage daughter and her friend played volley ball.

Two years ago we went to Tiki Beach thru Carnival. We all agreed we liked Royal Palms much better. At Tiki the beach was narrower and a lot of shells and rocks. ....and the cost was about double thru Carnival.

If you have other questions, just ask. :cool:

We have never been to Cayman and are going in May on our cruise. I was looking at Royal Palms too and trying to decide if their AI is worth it....most likely we would want a little lunch and a couple of drinks...heard prices are high there and just don't want to end up paying more than the AI would be. Any opinion on this?

We have never been to Cayman and are going in May on our cruise. I was looking at Royal Palms too and trying to decide if their AI is worth it....most likely we would want a little lunch and a couple of drinks...heard prices are high there and just don't want to end up paying more than the AI would be. Any opinion on this?

Only you know how much you may eat / drink. I suggest looking at their lunch menu which is online. We've been before and for us, it's not worth spending $75 per adult, but for others it may work! By the way, we return in May and it's just a beautiful beach!

I am in the same boat looking for best place to go with 3and 5 yr old

Calico Jacks and SeaGrape Beach is the same facility. In your case with small children go to Public Beach. Plenty of beach front for kids to run, SeaGrape is wall to wall chairs and very crowded. There is a small playground at Public along with a restroom and showers. There is also a small trailer near the playground that serves light food and drinks. Seagrape is just 200' up the beach if you want more extensive menu.

• 3 months later...
Only you know how much you may eat / drink. I suggest looking at their lunch menu which is online. We've been before and for us, it's not worth spending $75 per adult, but for others it may work! By the way, we return in May and it's just a beautiful beach!

We were in Grand Cayman last summer and we went to RP. I felt the food was very expensive. But, I've heard most things are in Grand Caymen. Not so sure it was the resort. The food was good. (not worth the money. lol) But, when you are hungry you eat. Sodas was watered down. Other than that, the beach was beautiful. Powder soft sand. They had a volleyball net set up. My husband and kids played until time to leave. Great spot.

Any info on WIFI on these beach club. The only spot I know is Royal Palms. What about the other? Please share your info.

Lots of bars have WIFI, too. Calico Jacks definitely has it but it can get slow if lots of people are on it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I checked out the menu for Royal Palms and the food prices do not look all that bad, does anyone know what they charge for a beer ?

Keep in mind the prices are probably in Cayman dollars not US dollars. Not sure what the current exchange rate is, but it's usually more in US currency.

• 2 weeks later...
Well CB at Sea you obviously have been there before' date=' unlike me. Instead of sharing your knowledge with all of us, you have chosen to be a smartalick. :([/quote']

Sorry I think your response was not needed. I didn't think the poster about a "club" was being a smaralick.

I think there is a big difference between a "beach club" and a bar that has a beach. I appreciated the clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems that Royal Palms is quite popular and I'm leaning toward that beach during my December cruise. I'm not crazy about the chairs being chained together though. Is that common on the beaches on GC? It sounds like something that could be annoying enough to be a deal breaker for me.

It seems that Royal Palms is quite popular and I'm leaning toward that beach during my December cruise. I'm not crazy about the chairs being chained together though. Is that common on the beaches on GC? It sounds like something that could be annoying enough to be a deal breaker for me.

Beach loungers weren't "chained" when we were there.

We had two with an umbrella.

Loungers are bumper to bumper....no in between room. :cool:

I did move a couple so I could move my lounger to stayed covered by the umbrella.... Lady sitting next to me made a comment about it. :o:D

Calico Jacks and SeaGrape Beach is the same facility. In your case with small children go to Public Beach. Plenty of beach front for kids to run, SeaGrape is wall to wall chairs and very crowded. There is a small playground at Public along with a restroom and showers. There is also a small trailer near the playground that serves light food and drinks. Seagrape is just 200' up the beach if you want more extensive menu.

Thanks. We decided to do a stingray tour in the morning so debating if we have time to go to beach after and then taxi back for 4 pm departure. This is our first cruise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got back from Cayman this past week and we used Native Way Tours. I can't say enough about them. There were only four of us on the tour. They met us at the pier where the tenders drop us off, just outside the gate. We then boarded a bus that took us on the tour. Our guides were Thomas and T.J. (father and son). Before we left we were given a menu to order our lunch for our last stop at Rum Point. We first stopped to snorkel and it was amazing. We then went to Sting Ray City and TJ got out with us and left us hold them, gave us sting ray back rubs and also left us feed them. He was very good. Then we were off to Rum Point. When we got there our lunch was waiting for us on the Picnic table...Thomas ordered it just as we were leaving Sting Ray City. Lunch was very good and we also ordered a mud slide, their signature drink. We were at Rum Point for about 1.5 hrs. and then headed back to our destination and then back to the pier somewhere around 2-2:30. The price for this tour was $62.50 and was worth every penny. One of the owners, Sharon, who picked us up at the end told us that this tour holds about 25 people but they do not cancel their tours if they are not full as they don't want to ruin anyone's vacation. On a scale of 1-5 I give them a 5+++