Do you really money for perfume?

crazycruzer68

I always buy a bottle of my favorite, Chanel Coco, when we are on a cruise. The only $ you really save is in taxes and duty/import fees, which amount to a few dollars -- less than $10.

FYI -- believe it or not, for perfume, the prices on the ship are just as good as those in port. (They just never have my scent.)

I think it depends on where you live and what access you have. Prices may be cheaper for Canadians and Europeans and people who live in small towns in the States, but there is probably less of a savings for people who have access to lots of stores.

I always buy a bottle of my favorite, Chanel Coco, when we are on a cruise. The only $ you really save is in taxes and duty/import fees, which amount to a few dollars -- less than $10.

FYI -- believe it or not, for perfume, the prices on the ship are just as good as those in port. (They just never have my scent.)

Chanel is one of my favorites too. If you ever go to St. Martin, there is a mall called West Indies Mall in Marigot. One of the stores in that mall, which is on the first floor has all Chanel perfumes at 20% less than the states, along with many other top brands. If you pay with US cash they will give you an additional discount. If your familiar with Sephora stores, this store is just like it. Their prices are much lower than on board any ship.

• 2 weeks later...
What sites are you looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ebay,amazon,fragrance. I write down prices before I go and if its cheaper in the Caribbean I usually buy it. But the last few times its been cheaper online.

You can get some good deals on perfume at home in Marshalls or TJMaxx depending on the brand you are looking for. For French perfume, or any perfume, I personally would not chance buying in on-line through amazon or ebay, could be fake and not worth taking that chance. French perfume, I prefer to buy it in St. Martin or in Martinique.

I also don't buy perfume on board either as I don't know how fast they move these products or how often they replenish them.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

I can usually find it cheaper online when it goes on sale at discount sites then I can in the caribbean. I buy Cartier which I love but that's one of those brands that the Caribbean islands loooves to charge a ton of money for so really all you are saving is tax...

Last time I got it, I found it online for buy one bottle get one 50%off which was way cheaper than the Caribbean!