Which Cruise Line goes to Casablanca?

travellovers2

Thank you. I didn't even think about these two, althourgh I am not sure if I want to take Costa and we took MSC once and decided to never again, but they are the only ones that offer the possibility of stopping in Casablanca.

Has anyone ever been to Casablanca? Is it worth it?

Thank you. I didn't even think about these two, althourgh I am not sure if I want to take Costa and we took MSC once and decided to never again, but they are the only ones that offer the possibility of stopping in Casablanca.

Has anyone ever been to Casablanca? Is it worth it?

We decided to do Morocco post cruise and went to Chefchaouen which is about 2 hours from Tangier. Totally amazing! We considered Casablanca but didn't find much that sounded interesting. BTW, just got off the MSC Armonia and it was just fine for a heavy port itinerary. We flew from Milan to Algeciras, Spain for under 100 euro and then a ferry to Morocco. Our cruise was rt Venice.

Have you looked at the repositioning cruises? That's how we got there on the Statendam in 1994, going from Lisbon to Ft. Lauderdale.

Star Clipper and HAL Maasdam stop there on a repo end October.

Otherwise, you will have to travel on a European based cruiseline, like MSC, Costa, P&O or Aida.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a Transatlantic cruise a few years ago on HAL, Westerdam, which did the Azores, southern Spain, Casablanca, Gilbrater, ending up in either Barcelona or Rome, can remember the end. We are looking for another cruise line this, politics seems to play a roll.... haven't seen as many recently. We will wait... we prefer to cruise on Princess, HAL, Celebrity and Cunard... have done NCL for the right itinerary and price.

My DH lived in Casablance 30+ years ago, when it was under French control. It is not the city he remembers today but still worth seeing.

• 2 weeks later...
Star Clipper and HAL Maasdam stop there on a repo end October.

Otherwise, you will have to travel on a European based cruiseline, like MSC, Costa, P&O or Aida.

So not true. Windstar has several itineraries that stop there, that are not TA's.

We only found NCL Spirit that stops in Casablanca late December. We would like to go in October. Does anybody know of any other Cruise Line that stops there? Why don't they all go? Not much to see?

Honestly IMHO there really isn't that much to see or do. There are worse stops but it doesn't live up to the pre-conception you might have.

Casablanca is the financial centre for Morocco. There is a lot to see and do in the country, but very little in this city. Fez and Marrakech are incredible.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app