Drink Packages

SunnySunflower

I could not find this thread so started another. My aplogies. This is not really a guestion but more of a quibble.

It is a beautiful day in St Thomas on the Quest. Crew is doing their drill training. DH is working on his open water PADI so I get a relaxing day on board.

Last night we tried to order a bottle of sparkling water. Was told with the ultimate package we could buy it at a discount. We got the More to Love for the unlimited internet so we could keep up with work and family so not a huge deal about sparkling water but as dh does not drink and I am satisfied with a glass or two of complimentary wine so paying additional seems well just not right. Club soda is ok but boring.

Anyhow I do realize I can do a web search and find out about sparkling water. Internet is slow though. I dont think internet is much better than last August but texting is working out so I am happy. Just had to wake up the kids to let the yard guys in the back yard:-)

Thank you for mentioning the na offerings. Yes finally!

Sparkling water is Seagrams Club Soda. Not drink related although feels like the same sort of issue but those who like jalapeños...are minced bell peppers. Tried repeatedly. CC folks have been complaining for years that sparkling wine is not champagne. The lesson is not to offer something and only give a close substitute. It felt patronizing for the staff to explain club soda is sparkling.

But like I said in earlier post it will not ruin the cruise.

For what it is worth I dislike Christmas due to bad extended family problems but the steel drums playing Christmas music tonight is delightful and uplifting. Thank you Azamara!

Also non-alcoholic wine and beer.

Hmm. On my recent Journey cruise the included sparkling water was just that, sparkling water. It came from plastic bottles with a red label. I don't remember the brand.

Sparkling wine is indeed not Champagne, but Azamara has never claimed Champagne is included. They've always said sparkling wine is now included.

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the name of the included sparkling water was Crystal, it was absolutely fine.

If you want Perrier on San Pellergino you have to pay. To be absolutely honest, in blind tasting I would not be able to differentiate the included from the paid for water.

I think the name of the included sparkling water was Crystal, it was absolutely fine.

If you want Perrier on San Pellergino you have to pay. To be absolutely honest, in blind tasting I would not be able to differentiate the included from the paid for water.

Indeed the sparkling water is water, not club soda. If you were given club soda then someone was wrong. I drink gallons of sparkling water and I couldn't tell the difference between the Crystal included water and Perrier or San Pellegrino either. It tasted absolutely fine to me.

As Floris said, Azamara has never claimed to supply Champagne as an included item. I like the sparkling wine, it's perfectly good on its own or as part of a Bellini or Kir Royale.

Oh I did not mean to give the wrong impression. I thought I said cc (Cruise Critic)not Azamara. I have been reading CC for a long time long before I made an account. I dont like to post for privacy,minding privilege, and other reasons. I certainly dont post well if I fuss about a stupid can of fizzy water:)

I really do not pay attention just noticed for years there was a complaint about sparkling wine. I am not well versed on Azamara. Our first cruise with them was in 2011 on Journey. We are on Azamara cruise 3.

My youngest inherited the tastebud issues. As my doc says sensitive people are sensitive. Son can taste the plastic bottle the water comes in and the pipes that bring the water into the house. That really is a curse. Better not to be bothered. Anyhow like I wrote I did not buy the drink package for the drink package it just came with the other stuff I wanted. The internet saved that kid from getting locked out of the house with the dog in the freezing cold when he had a doctors appointment he had to attend yesterday.

The waiter went and got his super about the Pellegrino or other sparkling. I do remember about the water discussion on the board just not the details. The point of a cruise is to try new things. Pellegrino is my choice at home so can wait until I am at home. Maybe I will kick it out of my life altogether as not sound ecological purchase anyhow.

We got the More to Love for the unlimited internet so we could keep up with work and family so not a huge deal about sparkling water but as dh does not drink and I am satisfied with a glass or two of complimentary wine so paying additional seems well just not right. Club soda is ok but boring.

What is this package that includes unlimited internet? I board in three days and I'm intrigued!