Opinion on tour company from Marseilles

Cassicruiser

Hi there - has anyone done a tour from Marseilles with either One day in Provence or Provence Connection recently that could comment on either of these tour companies? The reviews I have found on cruise critic are a few years old and although there are good review on tripadvisor I wanted to check on CC to get a perspective from someone who has used them on a one day port stop in the past 12 months or so. We are thinking of going to Aix en Provence and Cassis with a group of 8 from our roll call. Thanks

We used Provence Connection and went to Arles, Avignon, Les Baux and St. Remy during our one day stop this summer. Except in Arles, the guide was more of a driver than a guide. However, I cannot imagine seeing as much as we did doing it on our own.

We had Provence Connection last year for Marseille, and Aix. Great guide, spoke English well. Worth it. Year before we were part of another group arranged by someone on out ship, terrible. Kudos to Provence Connections. Use again in a heartbeat.

We went with Provence Connection this past July as well - Avignon, St. Remy, Les Baux and Arles. It was a very good tour - our guide was very informative about all the stops (as well as the scenery along the way) and helped translate when we ordered lunch at a boulangerie in St. Remy. He gave us time to walk around on our own, particularly in Les Baux since he could only drop us off - there was no available parking. I highly recommend them.

Hi there - has anyone done a tour from Marseilles with either One day in Provence or Provence Connection recently that could comment on either of these tour companies? The reviews I have found on cruise critic are a few years old and although there are good review on tripadvisor I wanted to check on CC to get a perspective from someone who has used them on a one day port stop in the past 12 months or so. We are thinking of going to Aix en Provence and Cassis with a group of 8 from our roll call. Thanks

We used Provence Connection in August and had a great time - in fact, we did the same tour you did. We were a group of 7 and our guide was English speaking and we saw a lot and he pointed out things we would have never known on our own.... You'll be happy with them and with whichever tour you choose....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone for your feedback re Provence connection - happy to hear they are a reputable company that you have all been happy with. We definitely want to do a tour as we only have the one day and don't want to waste time hiring a car and then trying to find our way and missing sites that we don't know about. Also nice to get some background and commentary from a driver/guide. I'll contact them and see what they can offer us.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We used Delphine with Toulon Private Tours - http://www.toulon-private-tours.com. She picked us up from Toulon; but she lives in Marseilles. She did an outstanding job and we couldn't have been happier. Marseilles is a gorgeous town. We also went to Cassis, which was most enjoyable. Photos from our tour are on our website, which is linked to in our signature.

• 2 months later...

We used Catherine ( tour.designer@provence-travel.com ) for a day in Provence from Marseilles. She offered several different itineraries - picked us up promptly from ship and we had a lovely day with her. I would highly recommend her.