Celebrity Reflection in power chair

ryouthr

Anyone done this (Room 1024) Reflection or other accessible Solstice class? Can I charge my chair next to the bed? Wondering about configuration of bath, esp bec my chair has extra 12” platform in back for lift and tilt. Considering bringing manual chair in addition in case power chair too big for cabin and/or bath.

The outlet to charge your wheelchair is by the desk, and not the bed. You need to ask for an extension cord if you want the wheelchair by the bed. I would bring the manual wheelchair for the bathroom. They are large, but knowing how massive some power wheelchairs can be, you might want to have the manual chair, just in case.

Go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com. Choose Celebrity, then any of the Solstice class ships. Go to the descriptions of any of the verandah class cabins, regular, concierge, aqua. All will have the same layout, just different decor. Click on Handicap cabins. Although this is a pay site to see cabins pictures, he makes pictures of the HC cabins available free. I know there are two cabins pictured on Silhouette, a regular verandah and an aqua class. It will give you an idea of space in the cabin and bath. EM

We were in cabin 1028 on the Silly, we thought is was the best laid out accessible cabin that we have ever had on any cruise line. There are a few photos of an accessible cabin of the Eclipse on this link and I may be able to find some photos of our cabin if you send me an email.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1572222&highlight=photos

• 2 weeks later...

My DH takes his mobility scooter because he is about 90% dependent on it. He loves the Celebrity cabins because they have widened the doors, and put an automatic opening on them. With the wider doors, there is usually room to bring the scooter straight into the room (no need to try to wiggle it into some nook.) We always bring our own extension cord so I can't remember if he could plug right in or not.

I have not been in that particular cabin, but we have cruised the Silhouette with a scooter and were quite pleased. Of course, there is always the problem with elevator space, but otherwise, my DH was happy.