Have some 2016 prices

moki'smommy

They will have no problem selling it. There are many people who make a million or more a year who think nothing of dropping that type of cash to take the family on vacation. Or look at the Saudi (or is it Emirates?) royal family who books an entire building at the Grand Floridian for a month every August.

Yes true...ah, the rich and famous (or just very very rich)

Huge reality check for a new cruiser who dreamed of going to Europe/UK someday. :)

Am now investigating similar itineraries on Princess and Cunard.

My wife booked us on an 11 night on Celebrity from Italy to Greece and Turkey. They're well established there and the ship is highly rated on Cruise Critic. It should be awesome.

I'm with you on that! And just b/c Disney CAN charge $68k for a cruise doesn't mean they SHOULD. At some point, it becomes plain old greed on Disney's part and nobody likes a selfish Mouse.:(

I disagree. Stockholders demand a return on their investment, and Disney is obligated to give it to them.

I agree. We are planning a Med cruise for 2016 but we'll probably go with another cruise line. We'll spend most of our time in the ports so the ship is just secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally agree!! After laughing at the Disney prices this past week, I looked for other cruises....and found an amazing Baltic itinerary on RCI - 13 nights, 8 countries, an overnight in Stockholm, an overnight in Copenhagen, and THREE days in St. Petersburg!! I figure we'll eat breakfast/some dinners and sleep on the ship. If we enjoy a show or have a swim, that'll be a bonus. Disney is about the SHIP. I would never waste $$ on Disney for a port intensive cruise (such as Europe or Alaska), which are about the PORTS.

For those thinking about the Vista in Europe, I'd apply the same logic. IMO Disney is just NOT worth the difference in price.

And day 1 Fantasy prices for 2016 are higher than current Fantasy prices for 2015. I don't get it.

I put holds on a couple of 2016 cruises but I'm seriously considering whether to just release them now or pay the deposit and likely release them later. These really seem too rich for my blood!

Seems like all the cruise lines are trying to raise prices.

For Royal, there is a 8 day Norwegian Fjord cruise on Serenade of the Seas. Current price for a D1 for 2015 is $1769/person+taxes. Starting price had been $1476. Opening price for a D1 in 2016 is $1889/person+taxes.

I totally get what everyone is saying about Disney's prices for their European Cruises. I couldn't afford Norway on the Disney Magic, which is why I've been watching the prices on this cruise on Royal.

I was thinking the same thing. That cruise is not showing any suites left. So SOMEONE must be willing to pay that $68K! TOTALLY INSANE.

And now someone in the revenue department is annoyed at themselves for not pricing it higher...

Having done three Transatlantics with DCL and other shorter cruisers, like many I was on the phone the opening morning for Gold/Platinum this week. Held some cruises but even with OBB I am not doing any. They have priced out our family - kids still have college to pay for (plus high school, middle school and rest of elementary lol). Same reason the past two summers we did a DCL transatlantic tied in with a NON DCL cruise across the pond. 9 nt Baltics from Copenhagen and 12 nt Med Barcelona-Venice incl Turkey. With kiddos. On port intensive we are find jumping ship and cruising other lines. Did the three day gold for Norway with DCL to back to EBTA but let both holds go. RCCL has a great comparable May 29 Norway from Southampton for a family of four with their sale this past week. We will roll our dice and watch both since they leave from the London area the same day. Love DCL, love the CMs onboard, but for our family we cannot justify the price increases with DCL for 2016 unfortunately, nor can our friends who held as well and let go. Similar scenario of a 5C for a family of four for Alaska vs aft balcony on NCL with ultimate beverage package and kid promo. That family held two aft balconies on NCL with beverage package (alcohol for adults) for just barely more than one cabin on DCL. Their first choice was DCL but the price tag pushed them elsewhere, and they were Silver castaway members.

• 2 months later...