Have some 2016 prices

moki'smommy

Just booked for June 17, 2016 12-day cruise Cat 5C for 3 adults and a 10-year old child for $14,336.16 and that was with the 10% OBC from a ghost reservation. I would say that this price is comparable to our Baltic July 10, 2015 cruise at a Cat 5A.

And I didn't do the Baltic on DCL because I thought the prices were too high! But they sold to someone else at those rates.

Huge reality check for a new cruiser who dreamed of going to Europe/UK someday. :)

That new cruiser can still dream about going to Europe. In addition to more established cruise lines in Europe sailing at a fraction of Disney prices, Carnival is launching their brand new Carnival Vista during the spring 2016 starting with a European season. Prices are currently starting at $699. For a brand new ship with a new design and tons of amenities sailing in Europe, that's a steal!

Yes, I know that I may be insulting some people who'll say "how dare you compare Disney to Carnival?!?!" but let's be realistic here!

Edited by Tapi

I just priced the 12-night Iceland and Norway cruise we were interested in and... hahahaha no way! The 7A is $11,198.88 or €10,801.32 (which currently converts to $11.826,40!) respectively for two and we paid half of that for our up-and-down-the-coast-of-Norway Hurtigruten honeymoon. For that we could spend two weeks in Norway and two weeks in Iceland on a landvacation in 5* hotels with rental cars and business class flights.

That new cruiser can still dream about going to Europe. In addition to more established cruise lines in Europe sailing at a fraction of Disney prices, Carnival is launching their brand new Carnival Vista during the spring 2016 starting with a European season. Prices are currently starting at $699. For a brand new ship with a new design and tons of amenities sailing in Europe, that's a steal!

Yes, I know that I may be insulting some people who'll say "how dare you compare Disney to Carnival?!?!" but let's be realistic here!

True! I'm looking at booking the Vista for Med 2016. Still deciding the date and itinerary.

I know it is hard to compare Disney and Carnival but for Europe sailings, Carnival prices are awesome. The ship looks amazing!

The 12 night sailing that I want on the Magic is $9,183.24 for 2 adults and 1 child! That's for an INSIDE CABIN - Category 11B! WOW! :(

Edited by aquarianne11

Thanks for the heads up on Carnival. I'm also looking at Princess and even Cunard. :)

True! I'm looking at booking the Vista for Med 2016. Still deciding the date and itinerary.

I know it is hard to compare Disney and Carnival but for Europe sailings, Carnival prices are awesome. The ship looks amazing!

The 12 night sailing that I want on the Magic is $9,183.24 for 2 adults and 1 child! That's for an INSIDE CABIN - Category 11B! WOW! :(

Yeah, the 12 night sailing on the Magic that I wanted is 13K for 2A, 2K in a 9B. I have looked at the Vista sailings as well. But I wanted to wait and try that ship when there are more sea days since the ship has a lot of bells and whistles.

I was just on the DCL web site. It is amazing how many of the 2016 Magic cruises are showing up as "sold out." Of course, I know this doesn't mean they are sold. It means someone has place a hold on the cabins; many are not paid yet and even after paying, many will be canceled. But still, people are booking. Even $68K 2 bedroom suites!

I was just on the DCL web site. It is amazing how many of the 2016 Magic cruises are showing up as "sold out." Of course' date=' I know this doesn't mean they are sold. It means someone has place a hold on the cabins; many are not paid yet and even after paying, many will be canceled. But still, people are booking. Even $68K 2 bedroom suites![/quote']

I'm really curious about how much Disney is grossing on the British Isles sailing. I'm probably not doing the math right here, and god knows I'm no statistician, but wikipedia tells me the ship can carry 2700 pax. Let's say each person is paying about an average of $5000 per pop (this is a guess based on available prices I see right now, which seem to run around $3500--$7000 pp, but I don't know how many of each type of cabin there are, or what the breakdown is for kids).

So $5000 x 2700 = 13.5 million dollars.

That's before excursions, alcohol/coffee, specialty dining, shopping, transfers, photos, etc.

Edited by perditax

You could do an around the world cruise for those prices.

Actually, a lot less. You can book the 49 night England to China Global Odyssey cruise on RCL's new Ovation of the Seas for as little as $5500/person:eek:

I'm really curious about how much Disney is grossing on the British Isles sailing. I'm probably not doing the math right here, and god knows I'm no statistician, but wikipedia tells me the ship can carry 2700 pax. Let's say each person is paying about an average of $5000 per pop (this is a guess based on available prices I see right now, which seem to run around $3500--$7000 pp, but I don't know how many of each type of cabin there are, or what the breakdown is for kids).

So $5000 x 2700 = 13.5 million dollars.

That's before excursions, alcohol/coffee, specialty dining, shopping, transfers, photos, etc.

I suspect you are in the ball park. The 2700 figure is when every bed is occupied. Normally, there are lots of cabins with empty beds--a 2 person family books a cabin that sleeps 3 (there are no 2 person cabins), or a family of 3 books a 4 person cabin. OR a party of 5 books a 7 person suite.

Of course you left out that suite where 5 people pay $68000. That's "only" $13600 per person or a bit over $1000 per person per night! And this without even a concierge lounge.

Good heavens!!! We are taking the kids on a European cruise in July 2017 and were very much looking forward to cruising on the Magic again - but not at that price!!!

The Holland America Magic of the Mediterranean looks like a much better itinerary and definitely much better prices!

So so sad! :(

Not to me. I cruised Carnival more than Disney. I actually chose Disney because I have a daughter now and wanted to try it. It will probably be our last though. I teach and I can't go in the off season because I have to work!LOL!

Taking our first cruise on Magic this weekend. What is the discount if you book on the ship for future cruises like?

10% off the cruise fare portion of the ticket + an onboard credit of up to $200 based on length of cruise. Some cruises are exempt from the onboard booking deal. If you name your travel agent at the time of the rebooking, they will get full commission and most will give you the full value of whatever perks they offer. Transfer to them later and they get only a partial commission and may reduce the perks.

Taking our first cruise on Magic this weekend. What is the discount if you book on the ship for future cruises like?

Normally 10%, plus OBC (depends on length of cruise and cannot be combined with the Chase OBC), and a reduced deposit.

On the other topic of cost, here is the deal. I spent a good part of last night comparing other cruise lines (NOT Princess, HAL, RCCL, Carnival), Celebrity, Oceania, Silversea, Azamara, Seaborne to DCL's prices for roughly the same itinerary I want (7nght Norway Fjords and then 7 night Northern) and while it is virtually impossible to compare staterooms to staterooms, I went by square footage. Guess what I found, DCL is a bit higher than some, a bit lower than some. But it is in line with these other lines.

I have had bad experiences on Princess the two times I gave them a try, and it may be unfair to lump the others with them, but that is now my perception. Carnival was ok, but nothing spectacular. Basically, I am willing to pay more for a known, knowing what to expect and to transport me in style, vs. try an unknown for a European trip. I am going to look outside of Disney for upcoming Caribbean/Alaska travel (those Alaska prices and NO visit through Glacier Bay, uh, no) especially if Disney continues to get higher in cost on those itineraries.

I did look at the other lines, just because I was curious and most are cheaper, but, most are also only 10 night cruises, vs. the 14 nights that I am doing. Also, I am getting to more ports this way. The other lines I checked also had more port visits. In the end, we all have to make decisions as to what is right for us, but did want to point out, Disney, aside from those concierge prices (really, someone paid that?????) (no, really, they are booked?) I cannot get over that, 68k is half a nice house in many cities. 3 cars. Vacations for 10 years.

I guess as long as there are those willing to pay the price (myself included) the price will still go up. Until they don't sell the rooms and the price drops. Lol.

Yesterday both cabins were available. Today they are both gone...so someone has booked them or at least placed a 3 day hold on them.

I was thinking the same thing. That cruise is not showing any suites left. So SOMEONE must be willing to pay that $68K! TOTALLY INSANE.

Re: the $68k suite. Do celebs/fabulously wealthy folks bother with Disney much? I assume above a certain level they have their own yachts, and below a certain level they are on Seabourne or Oceania. (I hear the drummer for Blink 182 doesn't fly anymore after his place accident, and they keep a practice space for him on Cunard for his TA crossings.)

I don't mean minor celebs/d-list, more like the people with the serious bank. Just wondering what that $68k client looks like.

That's ridiculous. Does Disney actually expect to sell this room? Certainly not to the regular or even high income family.

They will have no problem selling it. There are many people who make a million or more a year who think nothing of dropping that type of cash to take the family on vacation. Or look at the Saudi (or is it Emirates?) royal family who books an entire building at the Grand Floridian for a month every August.

Re: the $68k suite. Do celebs/fabulously wealthy folks bother with Disney much? I assume above a certain level they have their own yachts, and below a certain level they are on Seabourne or Oceania. (I hear the drummer for Blink 182 doesn't fly anymore after his place accident, and they keep a practice space for him on Cunard for his TA crossings.)

I don't mean minor celebs/d-list, more like the people with the serious bank. Just wondering what that $68k client looks like.

Many Hollywood A-Listers have sailed DCL with their kids. I want to think the Travolta's did in the past, I know Slash and Perla took their kids on DCL. When the kids want Mickey they aren't going to take them on Oceania.

They will have no problem selling it. There are many people who make a million or more a year who think nothing of dropping that type of cash to take the family on vacation. Or look at the Saudi (or is it Emirates?) royal family who books an entire building at the Grand Floridian for a month every August.

Surely a Saudi Royal family has a *really* nice yacht.

There have actually been a lot of celebs on DCL...primarily those with young kids. In addition, there are those who come on to do commercials and other filmed events. (but they usually do 3-4 nights, not expensive cruises.) And then there are the Disney celebs who come on to do a series of talks or concerts and get a free cruise for their family out of it.

Jimmy Carter cruised at least once and frequently spends a week at Old Key West (they take a whole building for the family and the security).

We have been on cruises with Roy Disney, Susan Egan (Belle on Broadway), guy who was Gaston on Broadway, Jeanne Lehman (Mrs. Potts in LA production), Jodi Benson (voice of Ariel, Barbie, etc), some teenager from the Disney Channel (we knew about her only because they allowed her and her entourage to eat in the private dining room in Palo!), and probably several I'm not thinking of right now. OK, no big non-Disney names on my list, but not too bad.