question on dining packages

jonj

We have purchased a five day dining package on our 12nt cruise. Can someone explain how it works. I understand you cannot make reservations for the restaurants prior to boarding but what are the steps once onboard? In case it matters we are on the Navigator.

Thanks

Edited by jonj

We did the same thing in April (and are doing it in February). In theory, they are supposed to book you in one of the restaurants for either the first or second night. You have to make the reservations for the other nights. In reality, our first stop on the ship is to make our dinning reservations. Usually there is a Chops rep selling the restaurant in the same area they sell beverage packages. We usually get them to set our first meal and then go to one of the restaurants to set the other meals.

Sure would be easier if they would allow you to make reservations before sailing. Our issue is a little more complicated as we are sailing with friends on an international reservation and we can't even link our accounts for MDR seating - so we have to do it all when we get on the ship.

• 7 months later...
I know they book the first RSVP for either night 1 or 2, can I change that night or location once on board?

Another reason we love this ship is it has 4 specialty restaurants so its easier to change than some of the larger ships like Liberty with only 3 specialty restaurants