5 days before we cruise and would like to add a guest

pema

For EVERY time I tried to book a cruise I was NEVER able to book a cabin that holds more people

Carnival 6232 holds 4 people-- try booking that with only 2 people

or 9200 holds 4 people. Will NOT let you book for 2

Freedom of the seas for April 2016

7607 would NOT let me book for 2 people but it was available.

A solo cruiser will NOT be able to book a cabin that holds 3 people.

a one couple will not be able to book a cabin that holds 4 people in high peak family sailing time

OP is talking about adding one person - many cabins I've seen have space for three. Perhaps some lines have some rules about not letting cabins for four go to just two people - which seems to be what your experience has been.

Have you had comparable trouble booking a cabin for three?

There is no rule that you must book a cabin for the maximum number that it can hold, no matter what time of year. Solo cruisers are always in a cabin that holds at least two and often three or four passengers.

This misconception that cruise lines only let you book for the maximum number that a cabin will hold is a long time myth that just keeps getting spread.

Correct..and a fairly new policy with RCI...one that many of us weren't happy about...

But you can get around it by cruising at certain times that aren't considered high season or holidays.

DH and I are always in HAL Neptune Suites that have a pull out couch for sleeping two. We never had anyone in the room but the two of us. A cabin that holds four doesn't have to be booked for four.

OP is talking about adding one person - many cabins I've seen have space for three. Perhaps some lines have some rules about not letting cabins for four go to just two people - which seems to be what your experience has been.

Have you had comparable trouble booking a cabin for three?

we have sailed 26 times.. and I can tell you stories about my booking experience...LOL NEVER was i able to book a cabin with less people. I mean NEVER ever.

but my one favorite experience-- sailing on the Liberty for my sons wedding. He was 22 and the DIL was 20 (they have an 18 month old daughter)

that daughter could not be booked in the cabin with them since neither of them were over 25.

Sent me intol ballistic mode since I read here way too many times how kids are booked into their own cabin as long as its across the hall or next to parents but a toddler could not be booked with the parents because the parents were not 25.

I could write a book. LOL On what my experince has been compared to what people on here have

we have sailed 26 times.. and I can tell you stories about my booking experience...LOL NEVER was i able to book a cabin with less people. I mean NEVER ever.

but my one favorite experience-- sailing on the Liberty for my sons wedding. He was 22 and the DIL was 20 (they have an 18 month old daughter)

that daughter could not be booked in the cabin with them since neither of them were over 25.

Sent me intol ballistic mode since I read here way too many times how kids are booked into their own cabin as long as its across the hall or next to parents but a toddler could not be booked with the parents because the parents were not 25.

I could write a book. LOL On what my experince has been compared to what people on here have

On HAL, last I checked a couple with neither being 25 cannot book a HAL cabin for themselves unless they are married.

Edited by sail7seas