What is your experience of P&O food.

mpcgood

Hi there seems to be nothing about P&O food on here so thought I might add one. It would be nice to have some menus and food images and comments to compare with other cruise ship companies.

Hi there seems to be nothing about P&O food on here so thought I might add one. It would be nice to have some menus and food images and comments to compare with other cruise ship companies.

If considering a P&O Cruise, select a ship having a Marco Pierre White (Whites) speciality restaurant, and dine there every night.

Failing that, dine only in the speciality restaurants, where food is cooked to order and not in bulk.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

If considering a P&O Cruise, select a ship having a Marco Pierre White (Whites) speciality restaurant, and dine there every night.

Failing that, dine only in the speciality restaurants, where food is cooked to order and not in bulk.

Have to agree. Of all the cruises I've done, P&O served my least favourite food. Apart from curries...their curries are good! Majority of the food I tasted was not what I would call restaurant quality. I would only consider sailing with them again if we ate speciality dining every night. Oh and I'm a Brit ;-)

• 2 months later...

Just a shout out for P&O :)

'Modern British' is probably my least favorite style of cuisine, but I've always been perfectly happy with P&O. I've stuck to the MDR so far and haven't got round to trying the specialty restaurants yet. Marco Pierre White also designs the MDR gala night menus.

Its just my opinion, but I think the ordinary dishes on the menus worked better than those they had tried to primp to make more 'cruise-y' (you know shepherds-pie-in-a-pastry-basket kind of thing), and the lunch time menus are the most interesting.

The thread below has some of Britannias menus. They usually have the regular 'always available' alternatives and local specials depending on the region youre cruising as well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2244215

• 4 months later...

I have sailed on a number of P&O ships with Ventura being my favourite.

I like the menu choices which have a British theme and cater for the British taste. Quality can vary but I have been happy with the meals. Some of the deserts (puddings) can be exceptional and far superior to what the American cruise lines offer.

The Glass House offers excellent quality in my opinion. Plus the choice of wine on P&O is exceptional.